Fluor
www.fluor.com Irving, TX 5000+ Employees

Started wonderfully and went down hill over 9 years.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Aiken, SC

I worked at Fluor

ProsWhen working on assignments, they take care of their employees, unless it's a government contract, which is all they can get at the moment.

ConsIf you work in the field, you lose chances for networking, especially when your career starts in the field. These people have little to no opportunity for all the special training others in the offices would receive, even though fluor makes it's money on these jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be better integration of staffing needs, instead of having certain leaders plugged in to the leadership train, and if someone isn't working for that person, then they have no chances of advancement within the company. I started with the company ready and willing to do anything, with praise coming from people I worked with, only to have that disappear when it came time to progress my career.

9-5 Family

Sugar Land, TX

I have been working at Fluor

Pros: Excellent opportunity for career development, stable working environment, regular performance evaluations and… Cons: Communication to employees could use some improvement. Work processes and practices could… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great company and team; a great place to hone your craft.

IT Operations (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Fluor

Pros: Most jobs have a 9/80 work week (every other Friday off). Many projects, you're never board. Company is slowly implementing full-time teleworking. You accrue Time Off with Pay… Cons: Jobs can change constantly. You move your physical office many, many times.… Advice to Senior Management: Management is very good considering the size of the company. Would like to see them create programs to validate direction… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Fluor.

Worked for Fluor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fluor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fluor CEO David T. Seaton . All reviews posted anonymously by Fluor employees.