There are newer employer reviews for Fluor

Overall - satisfied

Current Employee - IT Operations  in  Greenville, SC
Current Employee - IT Operations in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Fluor

Pros

Good work life balance
Above average compensation

Cons

Global competition for promotions
24/7 IT needs

Too many good ole boys promoted.

416 Other Employee Reviews for Fluor (View Most Recent)

Started wonderfully and went down hill over 9 years.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Aiken, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

I worked at Fluor

Pros

When working on assignments, they take care of their employees, unless it's a government contract, which is all they can get at the moment.

Cons

If you work in the field, you lose chances for networking, especially when your career starts in the field. These people have little to no opportunity for all the special training others in the offices would receive, even though fluor makes it's money on these jobs.

There needs to be better integration of staffing needs, instead of having certain leaders plugged in to the leadership train, and if someone isn't working for that person, then they have no chances of advancement within the company. I started with the company ready and willing to do anything, with praise coming from people I worked with, only to have that disappear when it came time to progress my career.

9-5 Family

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sugar Land, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

I have been working at Fluor

Pros

Excellent opportunity for career development, stable working environment, regular performance evaluations and increases. Fluor offers excellent benefits as well as a significant nunber training courses.

Cons

Communication to employees could use some improvement. Work processes and practices could use a more thorough review to ensure alignment with other work processes.

There are newer employer reviews for Fluor

Worked for Fluor? Contribute to the Community!