Fluor

www.fluor.com
  www.fluor.com
There are newer employer reviews for Fluor

Overall - satisfied

Current Employee - IT Operations in Greenville, SC
Current Employee - IT Operations in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Fluor

Pros

Good work life balance
Above average compensation

Cons

Global competition for promotions
24/7 IT needs

Too many good ole boys promoted.

449 Other Employee Reviews for Fluor (View Most Recent)

highly recommended place to work

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Fluor

Pros

I enjoyed the time I worked at Fluor. Provided me with projects that kept me challenged and always learning. The company provided lots of opportunities for training etc. Fluor so far has had the best benefits, vacation, and compensation package I have had. I am disappointed I no longer work for this caliber of a company and highly recommend working for them.

Cons

The Fluor Campus I was at was located in Sugar Land, TX (AKA Houston). I did not care for Houston much which lead to me leaving Fluor. Maybe, this is a plus to some just not at all for me.

Started wonderfully and went down hill over 9 years.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

I worked at Fluor

Pros

When working on assignments, they take care of their employees, unless it's a government contract, which is all they can get at the moment.

Cons

If you work in the field, you lose chances for networking, especially when your career starts in the field. These people have little to no opportunity for all the special training others in the offices would receive, even though fluor makes it's money on these jobs.

There needs to be better integration of staffing needs, instead of having certain leaders plugged in to the leadership train, and if someone isn't working for that person, then they have no chances of advancement within the company. I started with the company ready and willing to do anything, with praise coming from people I worked with, only to have that disappear when it came time to progress my career.

There are newer employer reviews for Fluor