MCS1 - OCN - Tier4, FOB Salerno, Afghanistan

Former Contractor - Materials Control Specialist I in Khowst (Afghanistan)
Former Contractor - Materials Control Specialist I in Khowst (Afghanistan)

I worked at Fluor as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

R&R bonuses and duration. Nothing else. Please note this applies only on Afghanistan section and not the Fluor in general.

Cons

Bad management who came on the position through "whom do you know rather than how qualified are you" method. Poor organization in general, lack of business support on the FOBs, poor training and development, poor safety culture and standards. No advancement opportunities... for OCNs especially. OCNs in general have less rights than expats: no cellphone, no computer, no gym, 3 times lower salary, general discrimination by management, etc. But most important... extremely low recruiting standards! Here's my experience: My recruiter on the interview asked me only two questions: "How was your trip?" and "Do you have any questions?". There were people who did not understood a simplest sentence in English and they were still hired! Only one guy who did not understood the question: "When were you born?" was rejected (1 out of 30). Also people who lied everything but their name in the resume were hired! How can former manual laborer with no English skills whatsoever and no work experience with computers can be hired as a Senior MCS? Recruiters hired low quality workforce for high demanding positions and that caused majority of the problems. The "open door" policy here means if you don't like it the doors are always open for you to leave! Please note this applies only on Afghanistan section and not the Fluor in general.

Advice to Management

Resign and take your recruiters with you. That's where all your problem started! Please note this applies only on Afghanistan section and not the Fluor in general.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Project Document Controller related to all documentation part

Current Employee - Project Document Controller in New Delhi (India)
    Current Employee - Project Document Controller in New Delhi (India)

I have been working at Fluor (More than 10 years)

Pros

Best Environmnent, better future & Good culture for working many things to learn for better career

Cons

Good culture for working many things to learn for better career

Advice to Management

management doing their job very nicely no need to advice them

2. HSE Manager

Current Employee - HSE Manager
    Current Employee - HSE Manager

I have been working at Fluor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fluor provides a variety of opportunities to experience different work environments around the globe.

Cons

A large corporation and you can sometimes get lost in the crowd.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve inter-company networking tools. The current initiatives are great.