Fluor

www.fluor.com
There are newer employer reviews for Fluor

Working for Fluor on LOGCAP in Afghanistan was the hardest but the best job I have ever had.

Former Employee - Senior Expeditor in Jalālābād, Nangarhar Province (Afghanistan)

I worked at Fluor as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

~ Safety is #1 with Fluor, and they mean it. Safety takes time but safety saves lives, fingers and money in the long run. Fluor knows this and they have one of the best safety programs I have seen.
~ Team Work is strongly encouraged at Fluor. Talented people are abundant and almost all of them are very willing to help you learn the ropes if you are new. We all helped to carry each other through difficult times and in Afghanistan there were plenty of difficult times.
~ The people at Fluor are genuine and real. I have personal friends today which I met at Fluor jobs. Some of them are in the States and some of them are from Bosnia, Hungary and other places. Most of the Fluor employees I encountered were great. During morning meetings, we often discussed the importance of our family and personal lives as well as the job.
~The money was good. That had a lot to do with working in a War Zone. Time off for R&R was very fair and we received some compensation to help balance things out.
~ The management in the field was excellent. They were demanding but fair. What more can you ask for? Management was also very understanding and pitched in where they could. Of the managers I worked for, if the heat came down they stood up for us and protected us form the fire.
~ We all rode the same transportation. While in Greenville, SC training, Fluor told us that while in Afghanistan the lowest employee rode in the same transportation as the highest ranking executive. They told us that if one specific helicopter was safe enough for us, it was safe enough for the highest ranking Fluor Executive....... and they told the truth! I once rode on the same helicopter the Country Manager, who is the top man in charge of Fluor at Afghanistan. Same helicopter, same risk.
~ Fluor has great training and people who will assist you in on the job training if you ask for it.
~ Fluor has never lied to me. Ever.
~ Just Do The Right Thing!

Cons

~ Not many "Cons" other than I was laid off. The lay off was not Fluor's fault or my own, it was just simply something that had to be done and my number finally came up. I was laid off in good standing because of a Reduction In Force across Afghanistan as the US is beginning to pull out.
~ I wish Fluor could have offered me another opportunity in Afghanistan or any other location. I have been trying to get back for over 10 months now but no luck. It would be great if Fluor took more action re-hiring former employees who were in good standing with the company.
~ Upper Management seemed to be on the chopping block if things went wrong and sometimes personalty conflicts resulted in good managers getting fired. After watching several of our managers get sent home, people became wary of applying for any management position. The joke among employees was, "If you want to get fired, just apply for management".

~ Make a serious attempt to re-hire good employees who were laid off in good standing due to no fault of their own. Task a couple of recruiters with the task of re-hiring good people who want to come back.
~ Do not allow personality conflicts to lead to firing someone you just do not like.
~ Hire me back immediately!

460 Other Employee Reviews for Fluor (View Most Recent)

Project Controls, Risk Management

Current Employee - Lead Cost Engineer in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)
    Current Employee - Lead Cost Engineer in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I have been working at Fluor full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent work environment, Team-work, values, everyone is passionate to work in Fluor

Cons

Not applicable to Fluor. No Cons if someone is looking for best employer, Fluor is one

Fluor is a good company

I have been working at Fluor

Pros

Fluor gives me the opprotunity to travel all over the world

Cons

Fluor needs to take care of the expats more

There are newer employer reviews for Fluor