There are newer employer reviews for Fluor

research analyst

Former Employee - Research Analyst  in  Greenville, SC
Former Employee - Research Analyst in Greenville, SC

I worked at Fluor part-time

Pros

great place to work, a lot of diversity

Cons

no cons except for the lack of flexibility and the bureaucracy

418 Other Employee Reviews for Fluor (View Most Recent)

pay was grea and work interesting but job duties not well specified

Former Employee - Field Engineer  in  Oak Ridge, TN
    Former Employee - Field Engineer in Oak Ridge, TN

I worked at Fluor full-time for less than a year

Pros

payed well and I enjoyed the experience. liked 4 tens. excellent internal intranet system and information base.

Cons

not real sure what I was there for but they must have been required to have a PE on site by contract. never got a performance evaluation. Seems harder to get your foot back in the door after a layoff but I'm sure the economy had something to do with that.

Don't lie to your employees about rehire potential

Hire you to bill the job and let you go the minute billable hour is finished

Current Employee - Project Controls Principal  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Project Controls Principal in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Fluor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great connection with US and other governements and large number of big and exciting jobs. Good structure has been put in place after many years of cost reimbursible jobs at the client's expense.

Cons

Fluor middle tier managers are acting more like a gang and if you are a new comer to this gang, usually you get the hardest job and although you do it to best possible way, they claim the credit and if you question them, you will not be given any answer, instead you get ...

In my case, I shared all of my 20 years of experience in Project Controls and they used it and claimed the credit for it.

Rather than keeping your middle tier managers in their position for a long time and give them power to operate without ever questioning them, always audit the managers hiring and layoff practices and question the experience and knowledge of the people replaced. In my case, I was replaced by someone who had not ever built a power plant before.

There are newer employer reviews for Fluor

Worked for Fluor? Contribute to the Community!