Fluor
www.fluor.com Irving, TX 5000+ Employees

Great company -- If you are a GOB

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, some of the best in the business. Earn a lot of time off, but don't even think of acutally taking any of it. I got paid out months of vacation when I left which was heavily taxed.

ConsGold one day and gone the next. Treated as company property. What others have said about Fluor being a "good ole boy" network with a dictorial management style is so on the money. I'm an educated, experienced, credentialed woman and always got the "leftover" projects that the men did not want. Fluor is the only large EPC that I know that will hire Director level people without at least a Bachelor's degree. I can only echo the "Project Engineer" titled review from 10/4/2013. Its all about who you know and who you suck up to at Fluor -- not real work. And if you're a woman -- you will never advance unless you are attractive and dress to impress -- not businesswise, menwise.

Project Engineer

Project Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Fluor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Large projects with unlimited budgets but tight schedules. Cons: People are not very bright. Field management and office management seem to understand management but not leadership. Old school management practices. My way or the… Advice to Senior Management: Cluor could have an even larger share of the world… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fluor

Senior Structural Engineer (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

I worked at Fluor as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Traditional work environment. Everybody works hard. I learned alot. I… Cons: Little bit old fashion. typical engineering office working environment. Advice to Senior Management: You do best you can Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Fluor.

Worked for Fluor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fluor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fluor CEO David T. Seaton . All reviews posted anonymously by Fluor employees.