There are newer employer reviews for Fluor

33 years continuous employment. Then laid off.

Former Employee - Director in Sugar Land, TX
Former Employee - Director in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Fluor full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Global environment and a lot of opportunity to learn and stretch yourself professionally. Every assignment, foreign and domestic, prepared me for the next assignment.
The 33 years of valuable experience helped me land another significant opportunity with a larger more prestigious multi-national corporation.

Cons

You have to be sure that you always have your CV updated and "out there". Do not rely on the standard Fluor CV. It is useless in the job world. Go ahead and market yourself just in case something happens so that you are not unemployed for a longer than required time. When you get the lay off notice it is generally only two weeks or immediate depending on your role.
There is some significant back stabbing that goes on in the office culture. People will crawl over you and lie to make sure that they continue to try to climb the ladder. Significant lack of ethical standards abounds. You have to watch out for yourself all of the time and remember that you really do own your destiny.

Advice to Management

Thanks very much for all of the experience and many years of opportunities. You now work for me on a very high profile Super Project with a major global corporation.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A place to work life-time long

Former Employee - Design Engineer I - Civil/Structural in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Design Engineer I - Civil/Structural in Irvine, CA

I worked at Fluor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of technical workshops anne bulletins to keep you up-to-date; reasonable project schedule for you to have a balanced work/life.

Cons

A less stressful work environment might leads you to a less competitive position if you need to find another job.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good job!

2. Supervisor for Fluor not a nice person.

Former Employee - Field Clerk/Administrative Assistant in Clark, NJ
    Former Employee - Field Clerk/Administrative Assistant in Clark, NJ

I worked at Fluor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company they sent me to as an outside contractor was terriffic. Extremely nice people to work with especially the AVP Site & Facility and Purchasing Manager.

Cons

The supervisor I worked with unfortunately lied and I found out about it and I was fired for it because I went over his head to find out the truth.

Advice to Management

The supervisor should have told me the truth in the first place that I was not getting a raise that year and would have been accepted without question.