Fluor
www.fluor.com Irving, TX 5000+ Employees

33 years continuous employment. Then laid off.

Director (Former Employee)
Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Fluor full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGlobal environment and a lot of opportunity to learn and stretch yourself professionally. Every assignment, foreign and domestic, prepared me for the next assignment.
The 33 years of valuable experience helped me land another significant opportunity with a larger more prestigious multi-national corporation.

ConsYou have to be sure that you always have your CV updated and "out there". Do not rely on the standard Fluor CV. It is useless in the job world. Go ahead and market yourself just in case something happens so that you are not unemployed for a longer than required time. When you get the lay off notice it is generally only two weeks or immediate depending on your role.
There is some significant back stabbing that goes on in the office culture. People will crawl over you and lie to make sure that they continue to try to climb the ladder. Significant lack of ethical standards abounds. You have to watch out for yourself all of the time and remember that you really do own your destiny.

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks very much for all of the experience and many years of opportunities. You now work for me on a very high profile Super Project with a major global corporation.

A place to work life-time long

Design Engineer I - Civil/Structural (Former Employee)
Irvine, CA

I worked at Fluor full-time for more than a year

Pros: A lot of technical workshops anne bulletins to keep you… Cons: A less stressful work environment might leads you to a… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good job! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A1 Company to work for.

I have been working at Fluor

Pros: Excellent Safety Program, and, a person could not work internationally… Cons: While working in Africa for Fluor, we had some security… More

There are newer reviews on Fluor.

Worked for Fluor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fluor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fluor CEO David T. Seaton . All reviews posted anonymously by Fluor employees.