Great Company

Former Employee - Structural Engineer
Former Employee - Structural Engineer

I worked at Fluor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is an excellent place to work at. Experience you gain is priceless and I strongly recommend this company to anyone.

Cons

No office presence in the north east.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

33 years continuous employment. Then laid off.

Former Employee - Director in Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Director in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Fluor full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Global environment and a lot of opportunity to learn and stretch yourself professionally. Every assignment, foreign and domestic, prepared me for the next assignment.
    The 33 years of valuable experience helped me land another significant opportunity with a larger more prestigious multi-national corporation.

Cons

You have to be sure that you always have your CV updated and "out there". Do not rely on the standard Fluor CV. It is useless in the job world. Go ahead and market yourself just in case something happens so that you are not unemployed for a longer than required time. When you get the lay off notice it is generally only two weeks or immediate depending on your role.
    There is some significant back stabbing that goes on in the office culture. People will crawl over you and lie to make sure that they continue to try to climb the ladder. Significant lack of ethical standards abounds. You have to watch out for yourself all of the time and remember that you really do own your destiny.

Advice to Management

Thanks very much for all of the experience and many years of opportunities. You now work for me on a very high profile Super Project with a major global corporation.

2. A place to work life-time long

Former Employee - Design Engineer I - Civil/Structural in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Design Engineer I - Civil/Structural in Irvine, CA

I worked at Fluor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of technical workshops anne bulletins to keep you up-to-date; reasonable project schedule for you to have a balanced work/life.

Cons

A less stressful work environment might leads you to a less competitive position if you need to find another job.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good job!