Good company to have in your resume

Current Employee - Commodity Manager  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Commodity Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Fluor

Pros

-Technical expertise
-good people to work with
-Good training programs

Cons

Lack of diversity
Risk averse organization where the industry demand risk taking capabilities
Compensation is below market

"The EPC industry is an easy business, therefore we can recuit the people we like (no diversity). " In reality, easy business do not make a lot of money. I strongly suggest complicating the business (solving more complex problems) by engaging talented diversity.

Other Reviews for Fluor

Good place to work,,,

Current Employee - Design Engineer II  in  Sugar Land, TX
    Current Employee - Design Engineer II in Sugar Land, TX

I have been working at Fluor

Pros

Ability to work on many different projects, typically international. Many opportunities for travel abroad. Competitive salaries and benefits for E&C companies. Fluor has taken good steps to help retain new graduates and develop better training/ growth into the corporation. Fluor is a large company with many different career opportunities. Generally good work/ family balance. 9/80 work weeks are great.

Cons

The E&C industry will always fluctuate with the market conditions, which can be difficult during downturns. Travel/ assigments can be difficult on family life. Working within a large organization can be frustrating as changes can come very slow, if at all.

Continue to push training and development of new graduates to help retention and continue to look for new ways to attract and retain quality employees.

Ok, I'd recommend

Current Employee - Process Engineer  in  Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Process Engineer in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Fluor

Pros

Decent pay, steady daily job routine. Good professionalism and knowledge within the company. Engineer types which means usu dependable, good people at work place overall.

Cons

Daily routine is too predictable (Always busy), lack of time off wiith pay, cyclical nature (I have seen many people laid off recently and wonder when it mught be my time). Engineer types which usu means not too creative.

Encourage out-of-box thinking on work time, be flexible while requiring accountability for results.

There are newer employer reviews for Fluor.

Worked for Fluor? Contribute to the Community!