There are newer employer reviews for Fluor

Good company to have in your resume

Current Employee - Commodity Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Commodity Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Fluor

Pros

-Technical expertise -good people to work with -Good training programs

Cons

Lack of diversity Risk averse organization where the industry demand risk taking capabilities Compensation is below market

Advice to Management

"The EPC industry is an easy business, therefore we can recuit the people we like (no diversity). " In reality, easy business do not make a lot of money. I strongly suggest complicating the business (solving more complex problems) by engaging talented diversity.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Fluor not bad but can't recommend

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Process Engineer in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Fluor

Pros

some challenging assignments good salary flexible with taking time off

Cons

cyclical business - expect to be laid off in the downturn and plan for it excessive travel for some positions no training archaic and inefficient work processes - very frustrating at times resistant to change after several projects work gets repetitive

Advice to Management

stop the massive staffing up / laying off or at least be honest with employees and stop the "people are our greatest asset" BS give existing employees, especially those targeted for layoffs or LOA first priority for other jobs within the company

2. Good place to work,,,

Current Employee - Design Engineer II in Sugar Land, TX
    Current Employee - Design Engineer II in Sugar Land, TX

I have been working at Fluor

Pros

Ability to work on many different projects, typically international. Many opportunities for travel abroad. Competitive salaries and benefits for E&C companies. Fluor has taken good steps to help retain new graduates and develop better training/ growth into the corporation. Fluor is a large company with many different career opportunities. Generally good work/ family balance. 9/80 work weeks are great.

Cons

The E&C industry will always fluctuate with the market conditions, which can be difficult during downturns. Travel/ assigments can be difficult on family life. Working within a large organization can be frustrating as changes can come very slow, if at all.

Advice to Management

Continue to push training and development of new graduates to help retention and continue to look for new ways to attract and retain quality employees.