There are newer employer reviews for Foliage

Work At a Superior Engineering Organization

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer  in  Burlington, MA
Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Foliage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Plenty of opportunity to work on a diverse collection of projects. While upper management is fraternal, this isn't a real encumbrance for someone that actually performs well. Accomplishments are well acknowledged and there are plenty of opportunities to collaborate in a variety of roles.

These is very little restriction in terms of roles one can perform in. If you have the skills for a particular role, odds are you will find it easy to be assigned to such a role.

Having an extensive background in the various industries -- over 34 years -- I have had a chance to exercise many of my skills and talents.

Cons

Are you kidding -- this place is a bloody dream assignment. This is the best duty I have had in my entire career.

Maintain your trend of continual process reassessment. Continue to look to your employees to grow and expand from within. Don't change want is not broken. BTW: Thanks for the job Brian.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Foliage (View Most Recent)

Limiting, Stifling and non transparent leadership culture

I have been working at Foliage

Pros

Very bright engineers and strong talent. Solid ground level business people, strong project management.. Solid US based services with an ability to get it's collective head around complex problems. If you walk the correct political path you can do very well here.

Cons

Promotes a culture of fiefdoms and stroking the egos of those with the proper last name. If you offer suggested changes that are not in line with the existing thought process, you will be rebuffed or quietly taken to the woodshed and in some cases released. They claim to want to be progressive when in fact it is a culture of "our way or the highway".

Additionally they are just starting to understand what it means to work with a non-US based workforce and are culturally backwards in this regards, though with some time and humility this should get better.

Truly understand your clients needs and listen to their issues, even if you think you are technically superior. Don't confuse confidence with arrogance. Don't confuse leadership with dictatorship. Provide a culture of innovation by showing true trust and faith of the talent in the ranks, nurture change while guiding and leading with integrity and humanity. Humility is a sign of true leadership.

Awesome company

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Foliage full-time for less than a year

Pros

The ability to work on projects that are related to different industries. This has helped me to learn more. It is a collaborative work environment. My manager shares information real time and gives positive feedback for hard work.

Cons

Nothing. The pay is very good and the benefits are great.

Keep encouraging the learning. That has been a big plus since I've been with the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Foliage

Worked for Foliage? Contribute to the Community!