Follett Higher Education Group
www.fheg.follett.com Westchester, IL 5000+ Employees

Poor employee treatment at corporate offices.

Senior Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee)
Westmont, IL

ProsAbility to telecommute 2 days a week and other options for an "alternative work arrangement". This is a great benefit.

Some good departments with some very nice people.

Some interesting applications (although many of them are a bit dated)

ConsManagement looks out for management (only) and, in a large number of departments, employees are poorly treated. At first I thought it was just my team but after working there for many years I've found it to be true in a large number of departments after talking to other employees. A disturbingly large number of poor low/middle managers. There are some managers that are excellent but they are in the minority.

Many teams are given very large workloads and are expected to work long hours often with little recognition - employees are simply resources to be used and little more.

Low annual compensation, although the bonus plan can be pretty decent.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees, you don't have much of a company without them. Clean-house on lower and middle management (most of upper management I worked with were decent) and break up the "old-boys" network. I worked with many teams and I heard the same stories about how managers would stick with other managers to save each others skins and make the employees take the fall for mistakes.

Employees are treated as disposable. As a professional, it's difficult, insulting, and demeaning being treated like some low-level, uneducated employee that is expendable.

Lacks strategic leadership

Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Follett Higher Education Group

Pros: Most employees have families and it is more family-oriented work environment… Cons: Senior management seems to lack leadership. HR is busy "spinning" survey results, rather… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Overworked, Under Paid

Merchandise Planner (Former Employee)
    Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Follett Higher Education Group

Pros: Coworkers! Lots of talent and retail planning knowledge amongst peers, but communication and sharing of ideas amongst the planning team is not… Cons: Micromanaged by all levels of management. Extremely overworked. This is is not a typical merchandise planning position. More time is spent being a "buyer" , rather… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Follett Higher Education Group.

Worked for Follett Higher Education Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Follett Higher Education Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Follett Higher Education Group CEO Don Germano . All reviews posted anonymously by Follett Higher Education Group employees.