Follett Higher Education Group

www.fheg.follett.com
  www.fheg.follett.com
There are newer employer reviews for Follett Higher Education Group

Your Standard 9-5 Job (No Surprises)

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Grand Forks, ND
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Grand Forks, ND

I worked at Follett Higher Education Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

A company that really embraces it's values; you are encouraged to remember these values and are held accountable to them from day one of your employment. Also, people that work at the bookstore locations full-time seem to be very enthusiastic about their job and truly care about customer service and how the company is perceived. Finally, the company does a great job at keeping up to date with innovation and having unique campaigns that help them rise above the competition.

Cons

The pay for sales associates is quite low (on the other hand, in-store discounts tend to offset this negative aspect). Secondly, bookstores try to impress regional management by leaps and bounds; for instance, when a regional manager visits the store, drastic measures are taken to ensure that the manager does not see what typically goes on at the store: heaps of books in disarray, messy work areas, and employees not following dress code.

Work with publishers to not price gouge the textbooks that you're selling.

232 Other Employee Reviews for Follett Higher Education Group (View Most Recent)

hire people who actually care about what they're doing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Waco, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

I have been working at Follett Higher Education Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

Was fun when I 1st got hired but now I despise working here. Software is propitiatory and constantly crash.

Cons

There really is a lot here to put in. The 1 thing I would say about Follett is that management does not care about anything but their salary, and that even includes them violating several company policies. They expect me to be a complete jerk when having to deal with customers, constantly contradict each other, pull me in different directions all the time and if I even open my mouth to help out a co-worker I get chewed out for it. I'm sorry but its not right that I have to bust my chops having to work in an entire department by myself while the other associates that re suppose to work in my department fail to show up to work and while everyone else can enjoy working with other people and get to enjoy their jobs while I get to work in a miserable work environment. I even get in trouble for "smiling". When does smiling ever become such a bad thing? As a result I am getting pulled in multiple directions and it seems that regardless of what I do I am in fault for everything that happens.

Get managers who actually know how to respect people, don't act like jerks and are competent in their jobs.

Used to be a great company to work for, not so much anymore

Current Employee - Team Lead  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Miami, FL

I have been working at Follett Higher Education Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexible schedule; fun working with coworkers;

Cons

Don't understand the decisions that are made - so much for valuing the employee :-((

You get what you pay for

There are newer employer reviews for Follett Higher Education Group

Worked for Follett Higher Education Group? Contribute to the Community!