Follett Higher Education Group

www.fheg.follett.com
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for Follett Higher Education Group

Company views from a manager

Former Employee - Store Manager I
Former Employee - Store Manager I

I worked at Follett Higher Education Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very dynamic marketplace. It is constantly changing and keeps you on your toes. Most of the people are great. Great bonus program!

Cons

-Lower than average pay. -A lot is expected from management without any gratitude. - Many things are secretive and you are kept out of the loop.

Other Employee Reviews for Follett Higher Education Group

1. My Temporary Job

Current Employee - Temporary Sales Associate in Sanford, FL
    Current Employee - Temporary Sales Associate in Sanford, FL

I have been working at Follett Higher Education Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My manager, Donna Collins, is absolutely amazing. I am a temporary associate at the bookstore at Seminole State College main campus and will be starting my second season there. I love it!

Cons

The only con is that this isn't a permanent job. Also, Donna really needs an assistant manager. I wish I could have assisted her with that. She really needs the help.

Advice to Management

Give Donna Collins an Assistant Manager. She deserves it.

Company is a sinking ship and office employees are stressed...

Current Employee - Accountant in Westchester, IL
    Current Employee - Accountant in Westchester, IL

I have been working at Follett Higher Education Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits and vacation time are adequate.

Cons

Management has created a tense work environment in the new building we moved to in Westchester, IL. A lot of employees feel worried due to the two rounds of layoffs we received in the last seven months. There's no growth for employees and I see no silver lining in the future here. I hope the upper managers wake up to the fact that half of the accounting/finance department is desperately looking for new jobs elsewhere. Some of us had to pick up new job duties due to the layoffs and our pay is still the same.

Advice to Management

You need to seriously improve the environment for office workers. There is no work-life balance and I feel like there is no room for advancement. A lot of good workers are unable to climb higher and managers are unapproachable about the subject. Also, the new building is pathetic. I feel cramped and it's noisier now with the open floor plan.