There are newer employer reviews for Follett

Layoffs Layoffs Layoffs!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McHenry, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McHenry, IL

I have been working at Follett

Pros

At one point in time this was an OK company to work for. The benefits are good. There is a cafeteria on site but only open until 2.

Cons

The company is struggling with declining sales. Instead of cutting the fat in middle management, they are firing line staff. Every office with a door is filled while at least half of the cubicles sit empty. Talent is walking out the door. The Follett legacy is dying with this generation of Folletts.

There are so many ways you can save money. You are totally out of touch with your business. Sit down and speak to your employees - not your managers, but your employees. Quit managing by intimidation. You have workforce living in fear - Don't treat your employees like this. The founder of the company would be ashamed at you for what is happening. Preserve the legacy with integrity, not with bullying.

reviews filtered by
  1. OK

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

I have been working at Follett

Pros

I worked at a university for most of my time. I liked it when they left me alone and let me get stuff done.

Cons

I was there for 4 store managers. One was good two bad and one that blew. I was a college student at the time so I had little power but the three managers that were bad were so dumb.

2. Beyond my expectations

Current Employee - Course Materials Manager in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Course Materials Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Follett

Pros

Family orientated mangement, Independant work site management, Exceptional vision toward the future

Cons

Some tight deadlines, System upgrades not always released at the best time

Appreciate all those that support your job

There are newer employer reviews for Follett