There are newer employer reviews for Food Lion

Sold a bill of goods..,

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Reading, PA
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Reading, PA

I have been working at Food Lion

Pros

Great food selection and a great staff to work with. The Food Lion banner isnt well known in PA. Beautiful store to work and shop in!

Cons

Because the company is a southern based company, many products are meant for a different menu for shoppers to chose from. The northern expansion has caused them to close 129 sores including the one I was hired for in September 2011!

Open up to store management about how to grow the brand in future expansions. They did not market the store very well to attract and KEEP customers!

505 Other Employee Reviews for Food Lion (View Most Recent)

I enjoyed working here.

Former Employee - Cashier in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Cashier in Nashville, TN

I worked at Food Lion

Pros

People place. Small town feeling. You really were able to get to know the customers.

Cons

Some are open later than others and some open earlier. Just depends on your preference

Store Managers now have so much to do in their jobs. But if the Assistants and Grocery managers were more concerned about the store as a whole and not just their job it could be better.

I wish I had found work more relevant to my studies during my undergrad education.

Former Employee - Office Assistant in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Office Assistant in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Food Lion

Pros

I'm not sure that many people would describe this kind of retail job as fun, but speaking to my particular store I found the environment to be friendly among the employees.

Cons

Again the store location is of prime importance, but working in a grocery store in a low income neighborhood exposes you to some of the greediest, entitled and worthless people alive.

Food lion seems like a fine company and many of my gripes probably involve an oversized ego. I felt like the work I did was worth a higher wage. I deftly handled customer complaints. One particular issue that came up, in my opinion far too often, was a situation where following procedure would result in the customer requesting a manager and inevitably management would throw the assistant under a bus with the comment "just do what they want."

There are newer employer reviews for Food Lion