Food Lion

www.foodlion.com
There are newer employer reviews for Food Lion

A very mixed up company to work for!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Food Lion

Pros

Flexible hours.
Get to meet a lot of very interesting people.
While the corporate management can leave a lot to be desired, I got to know some of the nicest co-workers at the store level that I have ever had the honor and privilege to know.

Cons

Low pay and hours can vary from week to week.
Corporate management does not care at all about the hourly employee's at the stores or even for that matter, the management at the store level.
Company presents a family friendly atmosphere but company only cares about their bottom line and will dispense with entire stores and their staff with no thought of how that will effect the family's of those who they let go.
Little to no room for advancement. It is a who you know, rather that what you do, kind of company.

Stand behind you store managers and give them the power to make the choices needed to run their respective stores.
Not all of your stores serve the same demographics. You claim to have researched this area but you insist on having some items that are geared more towards upper end clientele, in working class neighborhoods and those items do not sell. This hurts your profit margin, when you throw those items in the trash, do to being out of date.
If you geared your stores to serve the people in the neighborhood, advertised correctly and set your prices to at least be comparable to your competitors, you would not end up closing stores within a year or two of opening them.

575 Other Employee Reviews for Food Lion (View Most Recent)

A job I like to wake up and go to each scheduled day.

Current Employee - Produce Manager in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Produce Manager in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Food Lion

Pros

Advancement for a job that is done well. The ability to take ownership and run with it so that your ideas and expectations are followed upon.

Cons

Communitcation continues to be a problem along with too many hands in the pot.
    Once management makes a shift or the region makes a shift then again there are different views and rules that need to be adheared to.

Continue to grow and change, however the theme of things need to be level across the plate. Too much different direction from different management teams continue to be a problem.

With Food Lion being my first job I hope all my future jobs have as many friendly co-workers.

Former Employee - Front End Associate in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Front End Associate in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Food Lion

Pros

The Employees are all nice, all of my customers were all nice, and the renovation made the store look a whole lot better.

Cons

Well there aren't many downsides but what I noticed was the manager hired too many people making hour distibution difficult and cutting a chunk out of other employees hours.

The main focus at Food Lion, like any workplace, do your job good and do it with a smile, because cumstomers know.

There are newer employer reviews for Food Lion