Food Lion
www.foodlion.com Salisbury, NC 5000+ Employees

Good atmosphere and part time work

PT Grocery Associate (Current Employee)
Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Food Lion part-time for more than 3 years

ProsAlmost all of the employees and employers are very friendly and easy to get along with. Work is sometimes challenging but never in the range of very difficult. Very flexible with schedules.

ConsOn the lower side of the pay grade for a big chain grocery store. Perception to the public could be better but are working to try and change that. Not much room to grow or move, most people stay in same spot for years.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage more growth within the company, and also listen to employees concerns more actively. To achieve greater production and have higher expectations for workers there should be a more indepth and longer training period or continual training processes other than short computer based training movies.

It is okay place to work.

Grocery Manager (Current Employee)
Florence, SC

I have been working at Food Lion full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The people that you work with and there benefits. Cons: Try to take advantage of you when things not going… Advice to Senior Management: Jump in and help when things need to be done… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Taught me to always be determined.

Center Store Associate (Current Employee)
Greenville, NC

I have been working at Food Lion part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Food Lion can give a young person that is going through school a good amount of responsibility. I gained a lot of valuable customer service… Cons: At times management can expect too much from an individual making only 8-9 dollars an hour. You may be scheduled five hours and in order… Advice to Senior Management: I believe the management should have definitive ways they handle individuals who don't show up to work. I believe if… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Food Lion.

Worked for Food Lion? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Food Lion reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Food Lion CEO Beth Newlands. All reviews posted anonymously by Food Lion employees.