There are newer employer reviews for Food Lion

Taught me to always be determined.

Current Employee - Center Store Associate in Greenville, NC
Current Employee - Center Store Associate in Greenville, NC

I have been working at Food Lion part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Food Lion can give a young person that is going through school a good amount of responsibility. I gained a lot of valuable customer service experience, which I believe everyone in the business world should have. Food Lion has a good grasp on the grocery industry and is a very stable company being parented by Delhaize Corporation.

Cons

At times management can expect too much from an individual making only 8-9 dollars an hour. You may be scheduled five hours and in order to get everything done you may not take a break. Hours are not given often for running "backstock," which makes it hard to stay organized. This makes things much harder when it comes time for inventory. Management at times does not hold every employee accountable.

Advice to Management

I believe the management should have definitive ways they handle individuals who don't show up to work. I believe if the workplace was a bit more strict a considerable amount of work that is not getting done could be completed.

Other Employee Reviews for Food Lion

1. I never even made 100 dollars

Former Employee - Cashier in Upper Marlboro, MD
    Former Employee - Cashier in Upper Marlboro, MD

I worked at Food Lion part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy, short work day, nice customers, easy going coworker

Cons

Low pay, stand long hours, management does no have college degree

Advice to Management

Understand workers needs such as school obligations.

Good atmosphere and part time work

Current Employee - PT Grocery Associate in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - PT Grocery Associate in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Food Lion part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Almost all of the employees and employers are very friendly and easy to get along with. Work is sometimes challenging but never in the range of very difficult. Very flexible with schedules.

Cons

On the lower side of the pay grade for a big chain grocery store. Perception to the public could be better but are working to try and change that. Not much room to grow or move, most people stay in same spot for years.

Advice to Management

Encourage more growth within the company, and also listen to employees concerns more actively. To achieve greater production and have higher expectations for workers there should be a more indepth and longer training period or continual training processes other than short computer based training movies.