Food Lion
www.foodlion.com Salisbury, NC 5000+ Employees

Taught me to always be determined.

Center Store Associate (Current Employee)
Greenville, NC

ProsFood Lion can give a young person that is going through school a good amount of responsibility. I gained a lot of valuable customer service experience, which I believe everyone in the business world should have. Food Lion has a good grasp on the grocery industry and is a very stable company being parented by Delhaize Corporation.

ConsAt times management can expect too much from an individual making only 8-9 dollars an hour. You may be scheduled five hours and in order to get everything done you may not take a break. Hours are not given often for running "backstock," which makes it hard to stay organized. This makes things much harder when it comes time for inventory. Management at times does not hold every employee accountable.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe the management should have definitive ways they handle individuals who don't show up to work. I believe if the workplace was a bit more strict a considerable amount of work that is not getting done could be completed.

Good atmosphere and part time work

PT Grocery Associate (Current Employee)
    Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Food Lion part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Almost all of the employees and employers are very friendly and easy to get along with.… Cons: On the lower side of the pay grade for a big chain grocery store. Perception to the public could be better but… Advice to Senior Management: Encourage more growth within the company, and also listen to employees concerns more actively. To achieve greater production and have higher expectations… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

They're very nice and very flexible with their hours.

Cashier (Current Employee)
    Richmond Hill, GA

I have been working at Food Lion part-time for less than a year

Pros: Great managers. Flexible hours. Reasonable amount of work. Reasonable amount of pay as you work yourself up. Allow you to participate in school activities such… Cons: Having to deal with some co-workers that slack off but… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Food Lion.

Worked for Food Lion? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Food Lion reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Food Lion CEO Beth Newlands. All reviews posted anonymously by Food Lion employees.