Food Lion

www.foodlion.com
  www.foodlion.com
There are newer employer reviews for Food Lion

Taught me to always be determined.

Current Employee - Center Store Associate in Greenville, NC
Current Employee - Center Store Associate in Greenville, NC

I have been working at Food Lion part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Food Lion can give a young person that is going through school a good amount of responsibility. I gained a lot of valuable customer service experience, which I believe everyone in the business world should have. Food Lion has a good grasp on the grocery industry and is a very stable company being parented by Delhaize Corporation.

Cons

At times management can expect too much from an individual making only 8-9 dollars an hour. You may be scheduled five hours and in order to get everything done you may not take a break. Hours are not given often for running "backstock," which makes it hard to stay organized. This makes things much harder when it comes time for inventory. Management at times does not hold every employee accountable.

I believe the management should have definitive ways they handle individuals who don't show up to work. I believe if the workplace was a bit more strict a considerable amount of work that is not getting done could be completed.

547 Other Employee Reviews for Food Lion (View Most Recent)

Most horrible place to work

Current Employee - PT Grocery Associate in Dover, DE
    Current Employee - PT Grocery Associate in Dover, DE

I have been working at Food Lion part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Predictable work schedule. Sometimes there are good, decent people working with you. Good HR website, direct deposit set up is very fast.

Cons

The usual, the pay,, management is not held accountable to anything. No career opportunities. The whole review process has double standards.

Stop trying to elmulate WalMart by mistreating your employees.

very dissastified employee

Current Employee - Manager in Suffolk, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Suffolk, VA

I have been working at Food Lion full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

their is no pros to this job

Cons

store managers work less than 40 they come and go as they please and expect the work to be done in a timely manner. If they gave the empoyees better pay the turn over rate would not be so high.

take a look around , the employees do the work it certanily not the leadership we recieve, they are too, busy talking on their cell phones finding out what is going on, or sucking up.

There are newer employer reviews for Food Lion