Food Lion

www.foodlion.com
  www.foodlion.com
There are newer employer reviews for Food Lion

foodlion is a hard co to work for

I have been working at Food Lion full-time

Pros

the pay is pretty good

Cons

very unfriendly. there is not enough help for all of the work expected to be done. to much paper work that adds up to no sense at all. never know what kind of change is coming. stores closing

make up your mind how you are going to run this company. make employees feel more secure that there will be no more closings. quit telling the customer what they want to buy and let them decide.

548 Other Employee Reviews for Food Lion (View Most Recent)

Current CEO has stripped away all benefits except healthcare. Questionable senior leadership

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at Food Lion full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Working with the public, consistently there everyones got to eat, flexible scheduling.

Cons

Recently The holiday bonuses have been tooking away and so have the annuel bonuses for salaried workers. Company seems to be spiraling downhill, sales are down stocks are down.
    Home office makes alot of mistakes we consistantly change thousands of prices every week often change it one day off sale only to change it again back to the same price the next day...huge waste of labor and materials company wide. Stupid budget cuts like the floor strips that get cut every year, makes our stores look like crap. Low wage percentage, means you have to run a store with a lot less labor then the industry average. Cannot see how anyone can make it a career these days, We now have to manage stores to no more then a 3% raise increase across the store and you are told that we can only give a 10% raise to anyone getting a promotion. That means you will bearly get a dollar to be an active manager on duty and be responsible for the entire store. Hard to keep people happy, consistently taking things away and expecting more out of associates.

Really look at were this company is going and what keeps a store going...The people that run it! take care of them. Question the employees at home office and all the costly mistakes they are making that effect hundreds of stores. You cannot run a store well when you are dissatisfiying the people inside that run it.

Its ok...but I'm worried

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Durban (South Africa)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Durban (South Africa)

I have been working at Food Lion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Freedom of merchandising decisions, not a ton of pressure from district leadership as long as you are following standard practices

Cons

Not much leadership from store managers who seem to have given up with all of the bad news lately

get your store managers motivated, or try some new ones. several seem to be just showing up and taking their check without trying to influence change.

There are newer employer reviews for Food Lion