There are newer employer reviews for Food Lion

This company is in trouble .It is a upside down pyramid. Lil Ricky is holding a pair of deuces and bluffs ever hand .

Current Employee - Department Head  in  Roanoke, VA
Current Employee - Department Head in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Food Lion

Pros

Holiday bonus but it could be gone any year no warning. Vacaton pay economic stability everybody has go to eat.

Cons

The waste of money that is not given to front line employees . "meetings out of town for a select few cronies ' golf outings " bonuses for store managers and district managers who do none of the work that got the sales or gross profits. Making positions for soon to be wives of regional directors. then making employees go to her meetings to justfy her new job . The promotions of individuals all in the name of diversity not because of merit or job performance. STOP MICROMANAGEING us we have been doing it longer than you have and it is not Brain surgery.

None they don't LISTEN .20 word min-- But get rid of the fat at Foodlion but it will never happen because of the cronie club mentality. stupidity loves company, it is like all managers are brainwashed. stop sugar coating everything it is not greatness upon greatness = greatness High prices because of fat above store level and the heart felt Welcome will put us in the grave.

488 Other Employee Reviews for Food Lion (View Most Recent)

Could be great

Current Employee - Meat Cutter  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Meat Cutter in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Food Lion

Pros

I like cutting meat, it's a place I can do it. It's steady employment at a time when my wife is laid off and I was laid off from the job I had in my degree field.

Cons

I like working hard but at Food Lion there is no end. It's been this way every since I started there in college in 2000. Hours are constantly cut, management asks for more and more to get done with less and less time to do it. For the good employees like myself who work very hard and want very much to do a great job, it runs us ragged. Just this Monday I worked a 13 hour day with 11 minutes off the clock during the day, that's all I had time for. I sat down three times all day for a grand total of about 20 minutes. One person to tend to the fresh meat case, on a truck day no less, is not enough in a market that's doing $45k a week.

I've got other gripes but right now just get us some help! I've worked at Food Lion long enough to know it won't change but I sure wish it magically would one day.

horrible neighbors, low prices should be motto

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  High Point, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in High Point, NC

I worked at Food Lion

Pros

you know when the best sales are going on, their prices are actually really low; however, other than that there is not much to working here

Cons

- no discount
    - incompetent managers
    - EXTREMELY low pay
    - unreasonable hours
    - benefits are ridiculously useless
    - constant micromanaging from imbecile managers

focus on customer service; however, for you to actually improve your customer service, you must improve the morale of the employees. Treat them better.

There are newer employer reviews for Food Lion

Worked for Food Lion? Contribute to the Community!