Its alright

Current Employee - Assistant Customer Service Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Customer Service Manager

Pros

Food Lion is a overall fun place to work, you get to meet new people and the customers can be great at times.

Cons

Raises suck. When you try to get a promotion you only get a certain percentage so its not good if you work your way up.

Advice to Management

Provide more stable raises that make sense, employee moral has gone down since Ive started working here. So providing more decent raises will keep it up.

Other Employee Reviews for Food Lion

1. overall good

Current Employee - Department Head
    Current Employee - Department Head

Pros

not much supervision,do you job nothing said,relaxed enviroment,clean store to work, staff friendly, management involved to a degrree

Cons

compensation not comp to competition, hard to keep excellers

Advice to Management

reality

2. When everyone says it, it must be true

Pros

Given the opportunity you can move up with food lion very quickly. Food Lion does try to promote from within more than hire externals.

Cons

Salary does not meet regional average. No training programs in place to work with new hires. Limited payroll budgets that get sliced to virtually nothing during th holiday season. Management that does not listen to their employees, even in meetings when we are all saying the same things every time.

Advice to Management

More support from district level management. Better training plans, especially when turnover is as high as it is. Plans to retain our employees that obviously are not pay increases (haven't given a pay increase in over a year) and salaries that are lower than our competitors. If we cannot compete financially then we at least owe it to our staff to make them feel appreciated and not give our veterans a reason to leave for higher paying jobs. I agree with Cathy Green but don't believe her message is getting communicated downward.