The worst!

Former Employee - Manager in New Haven, CT
Former Employee - Manager in New Haven, CT

I worked at Foot Locker full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Discount. Some of the customers, the regulars. Learned a lot about customer service and how to deal with rude people. Learning and growing. A few workers I worked with.

Cons

Terrible managers that get hired at age 17 with no experience. No one help you unless its to their benefit. People sucking up to management to get ahead. Terrible district managers who think they know everything. Caused stress and anxiety and will never work for this company again.

Advice to Management

Know who you put into high positions. Do not put someone from a foot locker into a lady footlocker with no training or knowledge of dealing with the type of products and different customer bases. Manager or DM. Everyone is not ready to be a manager. I was but clearly the company do not like to keep good workers.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great Benefits and Salary, No Room For Growth

Former Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Foot Locker full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The 30% discount was awesome! I had the freedom to recruit and hire my own staff for many years. I built and maintained an awesome professional relationship with managers in my district.

Cons

There is virtually no room for advancement, unless you are one of your district manager's favorites. It takes forever for a successful manager to be promoted to manager trainer compared to their undeserving counterparts. The only career path that is explained is the district manager track. That position rarely opens up; not every store manager wants to be a district manager. As a store manager, expect to wear many hats: HR, loss prevention, visual merchandising, etc. However, this has helped me tremendously in my current position as my peers tend to depend on the people assigned to the respective roles I listed.

Advice to Management

Create training programs designed for individuals who want to pursue a career other than district manager for Foot Locker, Inc. Help your store managers achieve a successful work/life balance. A 52 hour work week is ridiculous! Also, take the claims of harassment that are called into your hotline more seriously. Get involved when an associate says that their district manager has singled them out because they reported an incident.

2. A good starter company

I have been working at Foot Locker

Pros

The people who work with you are great.

Cons

Promotion is sometimes a very long wait.