There are newer employer reviews for Foot Locker

Sucks.very cheap company.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Miami, FL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I have been working at Foot Locker part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Discounts which you can barely use because you don't make enough money.

Cons

Very cheap company. $6 an hour???? Talk about slavery!!

Raises!!! $6 an hour is slavery

293 Other Employee Reviews for Foot Locker (View Most Recent)

Great people, pay sucks

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Foot Locker part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I learned everything there was to know about being in sales from working here.
    The flexibility in my schedule was GREAT. I was going to school full time and had a second job and my schedule at foot locker was very understanding and flexible. Its great to work here if you are in school or are looking for something to help support your family/significant other. But I do not recommend working here if you plan to live on your own in a city like los angeles where the rent is ridiculous.
    Commission is great on holiday. my check doubled during the holiday season. But you gotta hustle hard for those hours and commission sales.

Cons

It was really tough to move up and the pay raise was a joke.
     $300-$400 checks were NOT going to pay off everything to live on my own. Spiffs were great if you sold like 20 shoes a day.
    I hated how they hounded on us to sell shoe cleaners and socks and insoles. As long as the customer is happy that is all that should matter. So why drive a customer away by shoving unnecessary things they don't need just to make your "multiple" sales percentage go up. This should NOT determine a persons work ethic.

Don't think that the person who sells the most makes the best employee. In the end it is about building relationships to THEN make the sale. Pay attention to those who provide excellent customer service, not just numbers.

Good place to learn business but not worth the stress for the pay.

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Foot Locker full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits and discounts, good merchandise customer clientele is always changing.

Cons

NOT ENOUGH PAY FOR WORK LOAD, the commission is a joke, favoritism is highly likely, corporate needs to spend more time caring about employees just as much as they do customers.

There are newer employer reviews for Foot Locker

Worked for Foot Locker? Contribute to the Community!