Football Fanatics

www.footballfanatics.com
  www.footballfanatics.com
There are newer employer reviews for Football Fanatics

Interesting company but poor communication

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Football Fanatics

Pros

If you want to work in a fun environment and receive product discounts, this is a good company. Pay is ok for retail.

Cons

Benefits are lacking. Not much time off for vacations or sickness. Management has poor communication with employees. No advancement potential.

Think about how your actions affect the employees. Stop concentrating so much money into a few employees way above market rates.

25 Other Employee Reviews for Football Fanatics (View Most Recent)

Fast Paced / Great People

Current Employee - IT Personnel in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - IT Personnel in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Football Fanatics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company has so much potential and opportunity. The compensation is good and I work with some of the most talented people. The org is fairly flat so opportunity to be noticed by management is good. The projects are challenging and very interesting.

Cons

SOME of Management seems to be on the old fashioned "Good ol' Boy' network so it depends on what team you are on if the employee's experience is good or not-so-good.
    Lot's of work with unreasonable deadlines.

1.Be transparent and trust your employees wont sell the company secrets. 2. Try getting estimates from the employees assigned to projects instead of swags from Project Managers for more realistic timelines. If you work people too hard for too long, the pay doesn't matter.

Don't Trust A Word They Say

Former Employee - Computer Programmer/.NET Developer in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Computer Programmer/.NET Developer in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Football Fanatics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The work was interesting at times.

Cons

Compensation, bonus, vacation, and benefits policies were some of the worst I've ever had in the IT industry. Employees were expected to be on-call for every single holiday. It wasn't uncommon to have to be up at 4 or 5am for a release, and when it failed, come into the office for a full day of work. Management lied to me on numerous occasions about pay raises, titles, bonuses, and money in general.

Axe the entire IT management team and start from scratch. They are corrupt liars that know less about managing IT then I do - and I don't know very much. Get IT and the business on the same page. Stop doing monolithic 6 week releases.

There are newer employer reviews for Football Fanatics