There are newer employer reviews for Footsmart

The grass is greener on the other side

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Norcross, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I worked at Footsmart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are a lot of positives, but many come at a cost. The company pays higher, but this mainly due to the poor reputation and difficulty in hiring. The environment is fast changing and you get to touch a lot of different technologies, but this typically leads to things not getting fully implemented. The culture will also toughen anyone up and prepare them to deal with any situation.

Cons

The biggest downside is the hardest one to fix; the owner. Be prepared to be micro-managed and marginalized in what you do. Nothing happens without his detailed review which often is unpleasant and frustrating. There is no work-life balance as the company owns you in the office or out. Be prepared for phone calls at 6am or on the weekend. There is also the rapid turn-over of just not individuals but entire departments. I have saw HR for example turn over completely four times.

The biggest advice is to sell the company or let a professional CEO step in. Nothing will change unless it starts at the top.

37 Other Employee Reviews for Footsmart (View Most Recent)

Everyone stop complaining

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Footsmart full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is a job and it lets you have overtime instead of working 2 jobs.

Cons

The people that complain about this job are the one that have been here the longest. It is not the greatest job in the world but i understand both the managements side as well as the employees side and i am just a lowly call center employee. They do have mandatory overtime and it is 5 hours that is nothing. As far as the points for someone having a heart attack and leaving to go to the hospital i am not sure if i believe that. Jobs are very hard to come by and we all know what we are working with and we are sooooo dissatisfied - get another job. The ring before you do your thing policy was riduclous but there are so many employees that do not follow rules, take advantage, and do what ever little things they can to take breaks when ever they want, i can understand it. Just from the rants in these review over the last few weeks they are trying to make us happy...I hope ya'll don't mess it up.

I am satisfied with my job. Keep up the good work and effort

One bridge you won't mind burning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Footsmart full-time for less than a year

Pros

A bi-weekly paycheck and benefits

Cons

Wow! A platform for one to voice his/her concerns or opinions, because at Footsmart you lack a voice. The "open-door policy" most companies pride themselves on is tightly closed for those who work at Footsmart. Let my just say I have been in customer service for over 10 years. Nothing at this company makes sense. The level of professional displayed by upper management is minimal to none! I find it highly offensive when the department " Manager" walks around with a huge diamond necklace on "similar to what is seen in Hip Hop videos" quoting slang to his employees which are predominately African American. As if we are incapable of holding a professional conversation. I am curious to know if this is how he addresses his colleagues or senior management. I think not! Clearly, management is under the impression we are a group of incompetent individuals. This is proven true by the amount of time spent micro-managing, and implementing weekly rules that consist of asking permission to use the restroom.

Where is human resource? Good question. Noone knows, there is obvious division between the so called have and have not"s at Benchmark. Who do we talk to when vacation is blacked out for four months during the summer ? Who do we talk to when we are railroaded into working mandatory (contribution) as worded on the OT form, overtime because the turn over rate it too high to properly staff the facility? Who do we talk when hours are conveniently added to our schedule without prior notification? Who can we voice or concerns to? I have yet to find an answer to these questions.

Lastly, I say this company has some very hard workers, considering there is no downtime. Calls come back to back in which one must stay in his/her seat for numerous hours. Not to mention in chairs that are not ergonomically fit. In an economy where "beggars can't be choosers" as was stated by the Companies VP we are left to endure this inhumane environment while patiently waiting for our future employer to contact us.

Please be conscious that customer service representative are the voice of the company! Undergo extensive management/ diversity training. Effectively communicate the needs and expectations of the business as well as what is expected of the employees. Eliminate deeming practices such as
     ICU, and provide sufficient training when needed. Realize we are team, we are humans that expect to be treated as such by our superiors.

There are newer employer reviews for Footsmart

Worked for Footsmart? Contribute to the Community!