Footsmart

footsmart.com
  footsmart.com
There are newer employer reviews for Footsmart

The grass is greener on the other side

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I worked at Footsmart full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of positives, but many come at a cost. The company pays higher, but this mainly due to the poor reputation and difficulty in hiring. The environment is fast changing and you get to touch a lot of different technologies, but this typically leads to things not getting fully implemented. The culture will also toughen anyone up and prepare them to deal with any situation.

Cons

The biggest downside is the hardest one to fix; the owner. Be prepared to be micro-managed and marginalized in what you do. Nothing happens without his detailed review which often is unpleasant and frustrating. There is no work-life balance as the company owns you in the office or out. Be prepared for phone calls at 6am or on the weekend. There is also the rapid turn-over of just not individuals but entire departments. I have saw HR for example turn over completely four times.

The biggest advice is to sell the company or let a professional CEO step in. Nothing will change unless it starts at the top.

40 Other Employee Reviews for Footsmart (View Most Recent)

Give all you got , no less or you will fail ( seriously)

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Footsmart as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

It's a great place to work to acquire "character", if you are willing to give all you got in the gamut ( but all you got). Respect the opportunity to be pushed and acquire new skill sets and experiences.

Cons

It' ll "suck the life out of you" , if you let 'em. It's not for the meek or the weak.

None, the model is blatantly a "self fulfilling prophecy" of turn over and relentless ways to maximize profit. But retail is a low margin venture isn't it ?

Everyone stop complaining

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Footsmart full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It is a job and it lets you have overtime instead of working 2 jobs.

Cons

The people that complain about this job are the one that have been here the longest. It is not the greatest job in the world but i understand both the managements side as well as the employees side and i am just a lowly call center employee. They do have mandatory overtime and it is 5 hours that is nothing. As far as the points for someone having a heart attack and leaving to go to the hospital i am not sure if i believe that. Jobs are very hard to come by and we all know what we are working with and we are sooooo dissatisfied - get another job. The ring before you do your thing policy was riduclous but there are so many employees that do not follow rules, take advantage, and do what ever little things they can to take breaks when ever they want, i can understand it. Just from the rants in these review over the last few weeks they are trying to make us happy...I hope ya'll don't mess it up.

I am satisfied with my job. Keep up the good work and effort

There are newer employer reviews for Footsmart