Growing pains

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at For Eyes Optical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, self accountable, quality of life

Cons

relevant information is not shared, no set policy manual, tight with money

Other Employee Reviews for For Eyes Optical

My job is ok, I have been here more than 2 years which is better than other optical/dr. offices I have worked at.

Current Employee - Optometric Tech
    Current Employee - Optometric Tech

Pros

The dr. I work for is awesome and My optical team is great to work with. Company is good at getting you the time off you need.

Cons

Benefits package is less than par and too expensive for a family to afford. Leadership in corporate is always rotating and decisions are always being made on the fly it seems and it keeps us on our toes and the decisions aren't always "practical" with how each store runs specifically and with the outdated equipment we have to work with.

Advice to Management

Please look into the outdated equipment and vamp up our stores so we can become a very very pleasant choice appearance wise to our customers and try to incorporate your changes that benefit the store rather than just corporate themselves.

2. Amazing company- where coworkers become family!

Current Employee - 14 00/Office Manager/Optometric Tech in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - 14 00/Office Manager/Optometric Tech in Marietta, GA

I have been working at For Eyes Optical part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you like a desk job where you still get some interaction this is a job for you. I love that I am able to get always get the training and help I need from corporate,doctor or a store manager. Hours are very flexible and there are no crazy hours. Holidays are always off. Discounts are always nice. Honestly- it's like family with this company and I am so thankful to work here. You learn something new everyday and it's builds confidence so everyday I come in is better than the last. (Except on Mondays because--well because it's Monday)

Cons

The customers are unfortunately the biggest challenge. People don't always understand that the doctors are independent and separate from For Eyes. It's customer service so there will always be those days where people come in and they are either in a bad mood and take it out on you or just simply don't want to listen to the rules. People forget that it's a doctors office and we do have medical/HIPAA rules we have to follow. Also with insurance there is a lot to learn as well as medical terminology if you have no prior experience.

Advice to Management

I work in the doctors office so for me it's just making sure to keep open communication on both the doctors office and retail. We had a wonderful woman from corporate come and train us techs and it was great. I think all techs should have that training.