www.forbesinc.com
  www.forbesinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Forbes

Happy environment, little room for growth

I worked at Forbes

Pros

Happy environment, great location, diverse group, nice people, laid back group, open for movement between fields, light hours of work

Cons

little room for growth, little pay, family run business, not public, small work staff with hierarchical system and body of people

Keep having a positive attitude and continue to offer assistance and help to other peers. Increase pay and benefits to keep people working there.

49 Other Employee Reviews for Forbes (View Most Recent)

It went from great to I need to get out...

I worked at Forbes

Pros

Mostly great people to work with and relaxing work environment...when I was there.

Cons

Expect some levels of office politics. Upper management are like most places these days that REALLY are disconnected from their staffs and real world results. Layoffs in recent years is starting to show the decline in the quality of the brand.

The push for .com is a joke. Upper management's lack of web development and direction of technologies is one big reason they have been declining as a brand. Content is king, figure it out why people need to pay to read great articles.

Current Employee - Writer
    Current Employee - Writer

I have been working at Forbes

Pros

When I tell people I work at Forbes, they know the name. They have heard of the brand. In the business community, people respect the company that has been around for so long. Also, I appreciate the fact that hours are flexible and that I can balance work life with home life pretty well. The job is self-directed, which I like.

Cons

Unfortunately, the company seems headed off a cliff. Management didn't have a good web strategy and changed its strategy several times. Now, at a time when I believe readers would like to turn to trusted news sources, senior management has decided to take a gamble and add to the noise in the industry. So I am not confident in the company's future. It doesn't help that it does not appear to be giving raises and hasn't for several years.

You seem to have no desire to keep longtime employees around. It seems clear that your plan is to replace the paid staff with unpaid writers. If this is your direction and plan, fine. Your employees will move on. However, if you would like to keep longtime employees, you clearly need to come up with a plan. Your directions are unclear and inconsistent.

There are newer employer reviews for Forbes