Still growing after 20 years

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crofton, MD

Pros

As is the case with most of these websites, it seems like only the unhappy people write reviews. So, I thought I'd take a second to briefly describe my impression of Force 3 as a very satisfied employee. While not perfect, Force 3 provides a dynamic, challenging, and yes often fun work environment. The vibe is definitely on the younger side, but most are eager to perform well, be recognized, and be a key part of the company's success. While there has been moderate to heavy change in the management structure over the last few years, they are clearly doing something right as each of the last three years have resulted in record revenues and record net profits. All-in-all, IMHO, Force 3 is on the right track and I hope to stay on for the ride.

Cons

Can definitely be stressful on the sales and engineering side of the house. Partner/Manufacturer loyalty model limits the salesforce's ability to provide the best solution in every case.

Advice to Management

Keep a close eye on your most valuable resources as our competitors are heavily recruiting our top performers.

Other Employee Reviews for Force 3

Good Future

Current Employee - Current Employee in Crofton, MD
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Crofton, MD

Pros

I have worked for Force 3 for quite some time. Yes, there is changes and yes, there is some uncertantnty but the company is growing..that is usually what happens. The work environment is good. Great peoeple and very collabative atmosphere...if your not a team player you will not be successful. They pretty much tell you that the whole time....if you lie about that, you will not last long. The employees are very passionate about what they do...very exiting to see the engineers in action.

Cons

The hours..there are some times you work longer hours when working on projects. They say they work hard and play hard.... Upside play, downside work really hard.

Advice to Management

Keep going forward but remember to check in once in a while with your employees...a lot of people love working for Force 3 and they need to listen to them more often.

2. Caring company undergoing brilliant transformation

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crofton, MD

Pros

As a fairly new employee, I attended Force 3's corporate kick-off this past week and was inspired to say a few words here. Force 3 has done some amazing innovative stuff and is really dedicated to customers and employees. That I know for sure. If I think about some of the outstanding projects over the past year, I can recount lots of stories of teams putting their heads together and coming up with technical solutions that "wow" customers, and the teams have fun doing it. We just had a big win out in the mid-west for a prestigious government agency where Force 3 beat out the incumbent which was sitting right there on site and over 3 times our size! -- all because our technical engineering guys here who are smart, talented, and creative came up with something that went above and beyond the customer's expectations. And this keeps happening story after story. This company is definitely in build mode cultivating talent and investing to keep them. I'm kind of scratching my head over where some of the negative comments are coming from. It's true we've lost some good employees (people feel bad about that). In some cases the company brought in new talented managers with different skills, but I've also seen awesome people promoted internally as well. Every company in this space has to play a bigger game because of the challenging market we're in, and if I were a betting man, I'd guess not everyone here in the past was cut out for change and being adaptable. The company invests in people -- has great sales and engineering training "academies," pays for certifications and other training depending on the job, has off-sites, barbeques, free food (this place is not for people who are trying to stick to diets -- beware!), sales recognition trips, and even has an annual all expense paid trip to a fancy resort for the top performers in the company where you take your spouse. I came from a bigger company and I've never seen anything like the benefits and perks here, including all the traditional benefits. I know Force 3 is looking for top talent and has amazing opportunities. So if anyone is trying to figure out what Force 3 is about, I'd encourage them to contact the company, maybe ask to talk to some key people, do some information interviews and find out for themselves. My advice would be don't rely on what anyone else says, because in times of change you're always going to get a mix of opinions. I've had a great run here so far and it's just the beginning.

Cons

I know when a company is undergoing change, often some different abilities are needed. In our case this means we've lost some good people along the way who probably had different goals ultimately. That's my guess anyway. I was sad to see good people leave (lost a buddy) but then again some amazing people have been hired, bringing new things to the company we've never had before.

Advice to Management

I trust the top leaders here. They truly care about people. I appreciate it when they pull everyone together and have open communication forums about what's going on -- maybe do even more of those when changes happen.