Force10

www.force10networks.com

Very disappointed - no motivation to work harder and unethical practices are rampant

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

Pros- Opportunity to learn about networking if you have the desire
- Can learn off the few good engineer left before they leave
- Good places to eat nearby
- Other than the above there honestly isn't much good left to say about this company.

Cons- This place has been going down the hill rapidly probably due to the lack of "real" management.
- The Engineering department is better than some of the others as they seem to be a bit more respected but unfortunately are overworked. Although I have to say there are some engineers and groups that I know of that I'm not very clear on what their responsibilities are and to me seem to be just living off the work of others. Some management is good and some are bad - depends where you land. Hard to find good new hires.
- The sales team brings in the money so the sales engineers also are somewhat respected. Management in this group seems to be better than some of the other areas.
- Stay away from the support organization. There are only a few good people left and I suspect they will be leaving soon. Management is totally incompetent. Recent new hires are a joke and seem to be under-qualified due to the fact of management trying to fill positions to keep their own jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would ask Dell to replace all of the management (from managers on up) at Force10 unless they want the company to keep going down the toilet like it was prior to the acquisition. Realize management at Force10 seems to be only interested in protecting themselves - not the company.

Learn quick and get out

Staff Engineer (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

I worked at Force10

Pros: Interesting technology. Smary people. Good compensation. Cons: Senior management had difficulty pulling things together due to merger. Obsessive cost cutting in unnecessary areas resulting in tail-spin effect. Engineering management discorganized… Advice to Senior Management: Engineering needs to get organized. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Some brilliant engineers and good place to learn but bloated and incompetent management

Engineer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

I have been working at Force10

Pros: Force10 is a good place to learn; there are some really smart engineers here and you can learn a lot if you make the effort;… Cons: BLOATED MANAGEMENT is the worst. There are way too many people in upper management. Nepotism seems to be very high where it seems like friends… Advice to Senior Management: This advice goes out to Dell - please get rid of the bloated management. Also, if you do not have any technical knowledge of networking… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Force10.

Worked for Force10? Contribute to the Community!