There are newer employer reviews for Ford Motor Company

Positive experience working for Ford Motor.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Dearborn, MI
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Ford Motor Company full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very professional place to work to with very nice and professional co-workers.

Cons

Don't trust consultants took over a month just to get a computer and I was a software engineer. Once I got the computer everything was locked down and I really had to pull some teeth to get the software that I needed to do development with installed.

Loosen up the control of your employees hardware let them get the work done that they need too.

reviews filtered by

Good, down to earth people with a political dark side. Work-hard, play hard company.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Ford Motor Company full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good chances for advancement, smart people, great industry and product, good compensation, down-to-earth culture. Work-from-home and flex time well-used within marketing

Cons

Bureaucratic, too many meetings and processes without useful outcomes, long-ish hours and very political.

Try to unlock some of the bureaucracy and let your smart people make improvements. Ford employees spend far too much time trying to read the likes / dislikes of upper management and getting entrenched in factions.

Varied but underwhelming

Former Intern - Reliability & Maintainability in Livonia, MI
    Former Intern - Reliability & Maintainability in Livonia, MI

I worked at Ford Motor Company as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

-The different plant locations in the area provide different work opportunities
    -Proximity to the headquarters assures company/business updates are recent and relevant
    -Although bad, the economic downturn allows for significant, available project work to be completed as they (hopefully) start rebuilding

Cons

-Determining project work/objectives was challenging through the bureaucracy
    -On-boarding process was confusing, not straight-forward and poorly laid out
    -Was hired under one manager, who was then transferred to Canada, and transition to new manager was stodgy
    -Internally slow and lacking standard procedures for work, analysis, etc.

The internship program should operate as a feeder into the full-time program, which was conferred to us but appears to be significantly lacking in operation. The project(s) were not fully laid out prior to my arrival, we scrambled my first week just trying to pull something together, and I was not given a proper exit interview/opportunity at the end of the summer. For a company that spoke of growing and expanding, that was less-than-evident in the facilities themselves.

There are newer employer reviews for Ford Motor Company