5 Years In

Current Employee - Financial Analyst
Current Employee - Financial Analyst

I have been working at Ford Motor Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Depending on the job, you are given a good amount of responsibility early on. This is rewarding, but can also be stressful (especially for a new hire out of college) -The tuition assistance program is a great deal -There's a lot of great people -You work with products that are important to people/families/the economy...there's a certain degree of pride in that...we're "Opening the highways to all mankind"...not many other Companies can tout a mission like that. -It's a great place to develop early on -Work/life balance, company holidays, and vacation time are definitely good -Outstanding CEO; even if you've never met him, you can still learn a lot from watching and learning how he manages such a huge, complex organization

Cons

-Upward mobility can be slow (politics!) -Direct supervisors control most of your destiny. If your supervisor is a bit more shy than others, they may not "fight" for you in personnel discussions. I've gotten high ratings when i thought i didn't deserve it, and i've gotten average ones when I thought I deserved a lot better. This still baffles me-but that's big corporate for you -Some of our marketing stuff is embarrassing to watch...though maybe i'm not a creative or something and just don't "get it"...

Advice to Management

-Focus recruiting on the midwest; you'll have a better shot at hanging on to employees for the long term. -Supervisor jobs should be about people development; we have too many superstar analysts turned supervisors that have no idea how to help younger employees with career development. I've lucked out with my supervisors for the most part, but i've seen many suffer because of this

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Very old school and pathetic

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Ford Motor Company full-time

Pros

Great co-workers and relaxed work pace

Cons

It is really shocking how the spending freeze is affecting employees. You need to buy your own everyday use things....scissors, staplers, pins etc. Also the cafe at iTek is rather pathetic and if you are not buying nay food but just want to pick up a spoon/fork for your home cooked lunch, they charge you 10 cents per piece. I was horrified at this and the cashier and manager were so rude and discourteous! It is callous to demand this and shows how obsolete the entire system and the company really especially when we are the people doing most of the hard core IT work and bringing in millions for Ford.

Advice to Management

Please modernize the work place and change the cafe contractor with more friendly and smiling people who do not make lunch hour miserable after a morning of hard work!

2. do experiment and data analysis

Current Employee - Research Engineer in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Research Engineer in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Ford Motor Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

no after hour work, no pressure

Cons

no extra pays, no pension

Advice to Management

the efficiency is a little low