There are newer employer reviews for Ford Motor Company

A company you can retire on

Current Employee - Finance Analyst in Dearborn, MI
Current Employee - Finance Analyst in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Ford Motor Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Large company with a lot of potentials, like a carrot hanging in front of your head, but hard to reach.

Cons

Hard to get promotion. Every manager is working on their advancement, does not care about his/her employee's developement

Advice to Management

Recognize the importance and the contributions of the general employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Ford Motor Company

1. IT Contest and Incentives - Business Analyst

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Dearborn, MI
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Ford Motor Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Big company, Global name, Global operations.

Cons

There is not diversity, old people old culture.

Advice to Management

Start changing the demografics

2. Purchasing Intern

Former Intern - Purchasing Intern in Dearborn, MI
    Former Intern - Purchasing Intern in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Ford Motor Company as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

- Very understanding of life outside work and management never had any issues if I wanted to take a day off. - Inviting, helpful, second-family work environment. From day one I felt I was part of the team and everyone around me wanted to help me with my projects and give me advice. -Value added projects, not just busy work. Provided me great exposure to what a full-time employees day is like. - Great internship program that is well organized and put together. They have intern specific events that give all summer interns a chance to meet one another and talk about their experiences and projects. Purchasing interns are invited to round table discussions with top executives including Tony Brown, head of Global Purchasing. The round table events gave us a chance to ask questions to the executive level about work, life, career path, advice, etc. - Ride and drive intern program. Allowed all summer interns to test new 2013 Ford and Lincoln models at Ford Proving Grounds test track. - Very competitive pay and THEY HIRE THEIR INTERNS. Out of all summer 2012 purchasing interns, everyone I talked to received full time offers, including myself. (about 10 - 12 interns)

Cons

- Final Internship presentation. 20 minute presentation on what you did over the summer infront of management, directors, HR, and other skill teams. Weighted heavily on whether or not you will get a full time offer but may not reflect the type of work you did or employee you are if your bad at presentations. Great experience though and greatly improved my presentation skills.

Advice to Management

Provide more feedback to interns and give more direction.