Ford Motor Company

Fine

Former Employee - Project Manager in Detroit, MI
Former Employee - Project Manager in Detroit, MI

I worked at Ford Motor Company full-time

Pros

Real good, real fun, a joy

Cons

Real Hard, real not fun, a joy

Work harder, play harder, a joy

1020 Other Employee Reviews for Ford Motor Company (View Most Recent)

What a joke!!

Current Contractor - Production Supervisor in Louisville, KY
    Current Contractor - Production Supervisor in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Ford Motor Company as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

The most unorganized company I have worked for. There is no training and you are thrown to wolves to learn. Not to mention the people are rude and disrespectful. Almost all my management coworkers are currently looking for other jobs. Also, you are expected to work 5-6 days a week at 12-13 hour days.

Cons

Pay is decent. Decent resume builder.

Get your crap together and manage like your in the 21st century.

A good OEM to work for especially those who have a passion for Automobile manufacturing experience.

Former Contractor - Lead Systems Engineer in Dearborn, MI
    Former Contractor - Lead Systems Engineer in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Ford Motor Company as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Pay is competitive. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful. Good work ethics. Good training programs and vision by senior executives for people who are learning to handle the ropes and are looking for advancement. Enjoyable work environment.

Cons

I had a very strong desire to be associated with the company and grow but as a contract employee was unable to realize the dream. Some immediate supervisors do not seem to promote advancement of subordinates working for them. I feel that there is lacking in some supervisors and wish there was more openness between supervisor and employee when it comes to providing feedback of job duty accomplishments and identify the right fit for fellow employee and guide them to become successful. The supervisor may be an excellent person in his area of work individually but some are not cut out for the supervisor role which may hurt the company in losing good talent.

I wish there is a recognition for good deserving CONTRACT employees by way of providing job security for those who are genuinely interested in contributing to the growth of the company. More frequent and close interaction of the other team members (ie., including senior management personnel rather than just the supervisor feedback) with the employee may help in having a great coherent team which can be mutually beneficial to employee and the organization. Develop the LOYALITY factor between Corporate -Employee relation. FMC could take the lead in introducing this culture in our society.

There are newer employer reviews for Ford Motor Company