Ford Motor

www.ford.com

So far, so good

Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) Dearborn, MI

ProsCompensation is decent. In one year, I got 2 raises - 1 for finishing my master's degree and 1 for the annual review. Overall, there is a general sense of pride and optimism among employees in the company due to how well Ford has bounced back from the recession.

ConsIt's a little too political sometimes, but I guess it is everywhere. The training program can use some work. There is still an old-Ford mentality that lingers, despite Mulally's One Ford plan to transform the culture. By old-Ford mentality, I mean arrogance and disrespect, but this is few and far between. The compensation makes it worth it.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to get rid of people who do not want to change to Mulally's Ford. It is a shame that there are people still there who do nothing and are pension-eligible, when Ford had to get rid of so many good people back in 2009. The negative attitude brings down others and sometimes makes it difficult to work.

Ford has great benefits, a decent wage, and horrible work life balance.

Manufacturing Advisor (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Ford Motor full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great benefits and good salary Cons: Really bad work life balance and poor upper management. Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of the good old buddy system of promotions.… More

An awesome place to work!

Product Development Engineer (Current Employee) Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Ford Motor full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great products, fun work environment, work/life balance, team atmosphere, great management and CEO, myriad of opportunities within the company Bill Ford and Alan Mulally are wonderful… Cons: Some employees are over extended and need more help to share the workload. It is a delicate balance though, as the company probably does not… Advice to Senior Management: Don't get complacent Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Ford Motor.

Worked for Ford Motor? Contribute to the Community!