There are newer employer reviews for Ford Motor

So far, so good

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer  in  Dearborn, MI
Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Ford Motor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Compensation is decent. In one year, I got 2 raises - 1 for finishing my master's degree and 1 for the annual review. Overall, there is a general sense of pride and optimism among employees in the company due to how well Ford has bounced back from the recession.

Cons

It's a little too political sometimes, but I guess it is everywhere. The training program can use some work. There is still an old-Ford mentality that lingers, despite Mulally's One Ford plan to transform the culture. By old-Ford mentality, I mean arrogance and disrespect, but this is few and far between. The compensation makes it worth it.

Management needs to get rid of people who do not want to change to Mulally's Ford. It is a shame that there are people still there who do nothing and are pension-eligible, when Ford had to get rid of so many good people back in 2009. The negative attitude brings down others and sometimes makes it difficult to work.

844 Other Employee Reviews for Ford Motor (View Most Recent)

Ford has great benefits, a decent wage, and horrible work life balance.

Current Employee - Manufacturing Advisor  in  Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Advisor in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Ford Motor full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits and good salary

Cons

Really bad work life balance and poor upper management.

Get rid of the good old buddy system of promotions. Promote on merit.

An awesome place to work!

Current Employee - Product Development Engineer  in  Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Product Development Engineer in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Ford Motor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great products, fun work environment, work/life balance, team atmosphere, great management and CEO, myriad of opportunities within the company

Bill Ford and Alan Mulally are wonderful leaders with defined visions for where the company is going and what it takes to be successful. Bill Ford cares very deeply about the company that bears his family's name and for the employees that make it great.

Cons

Some employees are over extended and need more help to share the workload. It is a delicate balance though, as the company probably does not want to over hire in this cyclical industry. At times it feels as though everyone is too busy to be able to work with you.

Don't get complacent

There are newer employer reviews for Ford Motor

Worked for Ford Motor? Contribute to the Community!