Ford Motor

www.ford.com

Purchasing Intern

Purchasing Intern (Former Employee) Dearborn, MI

Pros- Very understanding of life outside work and management never had any issues if I wanted to take a day off.

- Inviting, helpful, second-family work environment. From day one I felt I was part of the team and everyone around me wanted to help me with my projects and give me advice.

-Value added projects, not just busy work. Provided me great exposure to what a full-time employees day is like.

- Great internship program that is well organized and put together. They have intern specific events that give all summer interns a chance to meet one another and talk about their experiences and projects. Purchasing interns are invited to round table discussions with top executives including Tony Brown, head of Global Purchasing. The round table events gave us a chance to ask questions to the executive level about work, life, career path, advice, etc.

- Ride and drive intern program. Allowed all summer interns to test new 2013 Ford and Lincoln models at Ford Proving Grounds test track.

- Very competitive pay and THEY HIRE THEIR INTERNS. Out of all summer 2012 purchasing interns, everyone I talked to received full time offers, including myself. (about 10 - 12 interns)

Cons- Final Internship presentation. 20 minute presentation on what you did over the summer infront of management, directors, HR, and other skill teams. Weighted heavily on whether or not you will get a full time offer but may not reflect the type of work you did or employee you are if your bad at presentations. Great experience though and greatly improved my presentation skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more feedback to interns and give more direction.

Good place to retire, but not to get anything done

Senior Developer (Current Employee) Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Ford Motor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great opportunities to learn various aspects of the business Focus on… Cons: No interest in keeping up with modern trends Culture of complacency due to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

IT Contest and Incentives - Business Analyst

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Dearborn, MI

I worked at Ford Motor full-time for more than a year

Pros: Big company, Global name, Global operations. Cons: There is not diversity, old people old culture. Advice to Senior Management: Start changing the demografics Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Ford Motor.

Worked for Ford Motor? Contribute to the Community!