Great, hardworking people who take pride in the brand.

I worked at Ford Motor

Pros

Company pride, CEO visibility, structured processes increased efficiencies.

Cons

Auto industry perception hit hard by foreign competition

Maintain structure, but decentralize sales/marketing and go local.

Other Reviews for Ford Motor

Quite Happy to work for Ford

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Ford Motor full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

GREAT People, plenty of work, work life balance

Cons

Normal large company bureaucracy and NO promotional opportunities.

Purchasing Intern

Former Employee - Purchasing Intern  in  Dearborn, MI
    Former Employee - Purchasing Intern in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Ford Motor as an intern for less than a year

Pros

- Very understanding of life outside work and management never had any issues if I wanted to take a day off.

- Inviting, helpful, second-family work environment. From day one I felt I was part of the team and everyone around me wanted to help me with my projects and give me advice.

-Value added projects, not just busy work. Provided me great exposure to what a full-time employees day is like.

- Great internship program that is well organized and put together. They have intern specific events that give all summer interns a chance to meet one another and talk about their experiences and projects. Purchasing interns are invited to round table discussions with top executives including Tony Brown, head of Global Purchasing. The round table events gave us a chance to ask questions to the executive level about work, life, career path, advice, etc.

- Ride and drive intern program. Allowed all summer interns to test new 2013 Ford and Lincoln models at Ford Proving Grounds test track.

- Very competitive pay and THEY HIRE THEIR INTERNS. Out of all summer 2012 purchasing interns, everyone I talked to received full time offers, including myself. (about 10 - 12 interns)

Cons

- Final Internship presentation. 20 minute presentation on what you did over the summer infront of management, directors, HR, and other skill teams. Weighted heavily on whether or not you will get a full time offer but may not reflect the type of work you did or employee you are if your bad at presentations. Great experience though and greatly improved my presentation skills.

Provide more feedback to interns and give more direction.

There are newer employer reviews for Ford Motor.

Worked for Ford Motor? Contribute to the Community!