Ford Motor
www.ford.com Dearborn, MI 5000+ Employees

Good Ol' Ford

Zone Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat opportunity for recent grads especially the Ford College Graduate Program; good benefits/perks especially in the Marketing, Sales, and Service organization (sales car/work from home/management-level responsibility; quality training available in-house and through external programs; global company so opportunities exist for global placement; competitive salaries (MUST negotiate ALWAYS)

Conslack of "true" diversity in management(including lack of appreciation for diverse thought); Still very "good 'ol boy"/"frat boy" style mentality (golf & beer buddies rule and are advanced accordingly); no formal career development program (on paper/documented policy yet not utlized or implemented); local supervisors/managers not held accountable on performance reviews for genuine people development;

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to invest in all your employees instead of just your "golf buddies". If you keep the process fair and equitable, Ford will become what it fictiously presents itself to be: a truly diverse company that encourages and rewards innovation at all levels.

Product Development Engineer

Product Development Engineer (Current Employee)
    Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Ford Motor full-time

Pros: Management is starting to hire more staff which is greatly… Cons: While more and more are being added to the work force, much… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to hire full time employees. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not my cup of tea

STA (Former Employee)
    Dearborn, MI

I worked at Ford Motor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good culture, dedicated employees, team atmosphere Cons: Competitive -dog eat dog world Advice to Senior Management: Support and believe in your employees Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Ford Motor.

Worked for Ford Motor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ford Motor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ford Motor CEO Mark Fields . All reviews posted anonymously by Ford Motor employees.