It was ok for the position

I worked at Ford Motor full-time

Pros

Salary, location, challenge, work environment, benefits

Cons

Very cut throat, too hostile, not a good place to start a career

Take care of employees during good times and bad

Other Reviews for Ford Motor

The Company has changed.......

Former Employee - Senior Manager  in  Dearborn, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Ford Motor full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The business has recovered and the environment is stable. Initial salaries are competitive and bonus and profit sharing is good.

Cons

Ford has refused to staff up to the levels needed to support the business. It is almost abusive the amount of work that is placed on employees at all levels of the organization. When a large number of the senior leadership team left during the downsizing in 2009, the culture of the Company did not transition to the new leaders. The leadership team is focused on the success of the business at the expense of the workforce. The Company is making large profits but employees are still purchasing their own stationary supplies due to the level of approval required to purchase pens and paper. Also, the compensation programs will force early career people to leave after only a few years if they hope to grow their salary. With only a 2.7% merit increase in most years, someone would have to leave the company to keep their salary growing in hopes of building enough personal wealth to retire someday. "Fire me I need the raise" can not be more true. Continues to be a very conservative company that manages by committee so that no one manager is accountable.....very difficult to get things done.

Learn from the past.....and your new employees. Help the workforce engage and see a job at Ford Motor Company as a career, a commitment and their future vs. a job and a way to make money. The Company has a great history that is be tarnished by the new leadership behaviors taking over the Company. I cannot help but think of the Peter Principle...... I love this company and it hurts me to see the foundation of the culture torn apart. The workforce has proven they will do what ever is asked of them.....Please acknowledge that and treat them with the respect they deserve and base your business decision on more then just the financials......if not, you will continue to have difficulty recruiting the best and brightest talent....

lots of opportunities

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Engineer in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Ford Motor full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

lots of opportunities to do different things

Cons

emphasis on MBA rather than leadership skills of the people in management

utilize your experienced personnel better. you're taking their loyal service for granted.

There are newer employer reviews for Ford Motor.

Worked for Ford Motor? Contribute to the Community!