There are newer employer reviews for Ford Motor

Good experience

Former Employee - Global Fulfillment Planner in Dearborn, MI
Former Employee - Global Fulfillment Planner in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Ford Motor as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Team and manger that I worked with were great.

Cons

Typical big company communication and process issues.

871 Other Employee Reviews for Ford Motor (View Most Recent)

Great place to develop skills for a career elsewhere.

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Ford Motor full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great coworkers, opportunity for relocation, can work in a multitude of different positions and have varied experiences. Good company to have on your resume as a Fortune 10 company. Also good experience working with the 6-Sigma methodology

Cons

Politics, politics, politics. Since mass layoffs occurred in 2009 and again in 2011, opportunities have declined. We are operating at the same sales/receivable level with 2/3 of the former staff --- longer hours, more responsibility. Why a company that requires workers to work 60 hours a week to complete their job functions thinks they can cut staff by 2/3 and still remain sucessfull is beyond me. If you work hard and are a top performer, don't expect to get promoted --- that goes to the people who know the right managers. Seen plenty of people promoted to the top echelons just based on superficial attitudes and low quality work. This is not my personal complaint, this is discussed every day with coworkers from throughout the company.

Know what your employees are doing, look at their accomplishments and work quality. Listen and don't assume you know what is going on in your department.

Not a good place to work

Current Employee - Engineer in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Engineer in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Ford Motor as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Peoduct doing well in market

Cons

Focus is on hiring young / recent graduates or cheap labor outsourced from India. No value to heavily experienced lateral job seekers. Organization hierarchy takes decades to cross and reach management level in career.

There are newer employer reviews for Ford Motor