There are newer employer reviews for Ford Motor

great product great people

I worked at Ford Motor (more than 10 years)

Pros

As a third generation Ford employee I was proud to work for a company that had great benefits great pay and great people to work with and cared about making a great product.

Cons

The only thing I was disappointed with at Ford was the lack of respect and recognition of all my hard work

Pay attention to the employees and reward those who really do the job.

876 Other Employee Reviews for Ford Motor (View Most Recent)

Great opportunity for finance professionals

Current Employee - Finance Supervisor in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Finance Supervisor in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Ford Motor full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Ford is committed to developing its finance professionals. Employees cycle through regular job rotations, with each assignment lasting between 1 and 3 years (on average). This enables employees to gain a greater understanding of the business, and develop a broad array of skills.

Cons

The corporate culture is very bureaucratic, which means there's always an emphasis on "process" and not much encouragement of entrepreneurship. Additionally, the company's commitment to work/life balance varies drastically between departments.

It seems like there is a process for everything at Ford, but few seem to be able to agree on what that process is. Perhaps we tend to make things too complicated for ourselves, and then undermine the good work to define a process by not rolling it out very well.

Best Automotive Company Right Now

Former Employee - Product Development Engineer in Dearborn, MI
    Former Employee - Product Development Engineer in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Ford Motor as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Ford has made an incredible turnaround in the past few years. The cars are top notch and the general mood of the employees is positive. The CEO is extremely popular and cares about the well being of the work force.

Cons

Job security is a real issue when ever the economy turns south. Automobile industry is cyclical and there will surely be more tough times at some point in the future.

Focus on gathering programming/computer talent. Technology in the car has been a disaster.

There are newer employer reviews for Ford Motor