The Best work place ever

Former Employee - Prototype Supervisor  in  Allen Park, MI
Former Employee - Prototype Supervisor in Allen Park, MI

I worked at Ford Motor full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great Company, Great people, Honesty, Truthfulness and Caring. I come from a family of Ford workers. My Grandfather retired with 35 years and a personally signed by Henry Ford II. This is a prized item in our family which I now have possession. My Father had 43 years with the company when passed away, I know that he would still be working today if he was still alive. He loved the Company. I retired with 37 years Proudly. FORD has been a part of my whole families life and always will be.

Cons

None, By far I was very happy with my career at FoMoCo. Great people with a caring environment.

Everyone should try to be like Allen Mullaly. he is by far one of the greatest men in all of the manufacturing business. When I retired, I sent a thank you email to all of the upper management. Mr. Mullaly contacted me personally. This was by far the most amazing experience in my career at Fords.

Other Reviews for Ford Motor

Better but still work to do.

Former Employee - IT Intern  in  Dearborn, MI
    Former Employee - IT Intern in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Ford Motor as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The company's leadership not afraid to make the tough decisions. Working hard to recover from lean years.

Cons

Still carrying a lot of dead weight and effects of cuts gone by show in org charts. In some places things are state of the art and quite competitive. Others Henry Ford would consider old fashioned.

Get out and see the troops more. A lot of people doing little are able to hide at their desks.

Helps build a strong foundation

I worked at Ford Motor

Pros

Great FCG (Ford College Graduate) Program. Allows a new graduate to get a breadth of experiences across the company in a relatively short period of time. May even have the opportunity for cross-functional rotations.

Cons

Career progression may seem slow at times and most people generally spend longer time at a level compared to other companies.

There are newer employer reviews for Ford Motor.

Worked for Ford Motor? Contribute to the Community!