Ford Motor

www.ford.com

Retired after 14 years in production

Vehicle Assembly Technician, Launch Team Trainer (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsFord Motor Company has a good salary structure, excellent health plan, a strong union, a challenging work environment, wonderful retirement benefits, plus opportunities for additional education. The team concept is always promoting quality control in order to produce the highest level of product possible.

ConsBecause of the changing work environment, a two-tiered pay structure was implemented a few years ago. Having a significant portion of the work force doing similar jobs for less pay holds the potential for morale problems. In addition, the pressure to produce target numbers can cause management to sometimes make what appear to be unreasonable demands on their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementSolicit more input from the line workers. They are the first line of defense for the company to guard against producing an inferior product.

Very challenging and good people

Engineering Technical Specialist (Former Employee) Dearborn, MI

I worked at Ford Motor full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Product development and challenging issues. Cons: Politics is used for promotions and transfers. Advice to Senior Management: Listen to people. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Excellent Marketing program

Worldwide Marketing Leadership Intern (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

I worked at Ford Motor as an intern for less than a year

Pros: As an intern in Ford's marketing program between my first and second years of business school, I found my role to be challenging and educational.… Cons: The company is very large, so things tend to move at a "big company" pace, but I did… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Ford Motor.

Worked for Ford Motor? Contribute to the Community!