Ford Motor

www.ford.com

Retired after 14 years in production

Former Employee - Vehicle Assembly Technician, Launch Team Trainer  in  Louisville, KY
Former Employee - Vehicle Assembly Technician, Launch Team Trainer in Louisville, KY

Pros

Ford Motor Company has a good salary structure, excellent health plan, a strong union, a challenging work environment, wonderful retirement benefits, plus opportunities for additional education. The team concept is always promoting quality control in order to produce the highest level of product possible.

Cons

Because of the changing work environment, a two-tiered pay structure was implemented a few years ago. Having a significant portion of the work force doing similar jobs for less pay holds the potential for morale problems. In addition, the pressure to produce target numbers can cause management to sometimes make what appear to be unreasonable demands on their employees.

Solicit more input from the line workers. They are the first line of defense for the company to guard against producing an inferior product.

Other reviews for Ford Motor

Very challenging and good people

Former Employee - Engineering Technical Specialist  in  Dearborn, MI
    Former Employee - Engineering Technical Specialist in Dearborn, MI

Pros

Product development and challenging issues.

Cons

Politics is used for promotions and transfers.

Listen to people.

Excellent Marketing program

Former Employee - Worldwide Marketing Leadership Intern  in  Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Worldwide Marketing Leadership Intern in Detroit, MI

Pros

As an intern in Ford's marketing program between my first and second years of business school, I found my role to be challenging and educational. The program was very well run and access to senior level management was excellent. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to pursue a career in marketing.

Cons

The company is very large, so things tend to move at a "big company" pace, but I did find the level of politics to be better (meaning much less) than other large corporations I have worked for.

There are newer employer reviews for Ford Motor.

Worked for Ford Motor? Contribute to the Community!