There are newer employer reviews for Ford Motor

This is a fantastic place to start your career in OEMs.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Dearborn, MI
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Ford Motor full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company on the up, it's fun being a part of something with a lot of potential.

Cons

Work life can be challenging, depending on your specific job. Love dearborn, but still waiting on a Detroit rebound.

876 Other Employee Reviews for Ford Motor (View Most Recent)

A good OEM to work for especially those who have a passion for Automobile manufacturing experience.

Former Employee - Lead Systems Engineer in Dearborn, MI
    Former Employee - Lead Systems Engineer in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Ford Motor as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Pay is competitive. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful. Good work ethics. Good training programs and vision by senior executives for people who are learning to handle the ropes and are looking for advancement. Enjoyable work environment.

Cons

I had a very strong desire to be associated with the company and grow but as a contract employee was unable to realize the dream. Some immediate supervisors do not seem to promote advancement of subordinates working for them. I feel that there is lacking in some supervisors and wish there was more openness between supervisor and employee when it comes to providing feedback of job duty accomplishments and identify the right fit for fellow employee and guide them to become successful. The supervisor may be an excellent person in his area of work individually but some are not cut out for the supervisor role which may hurt the company in losing good talent.

I wish there is a recognition for good deserving CONTRACT employees by way of providing job security for those who are genuinely interested in contributing to the growth of the company. More frequent and close interaction of the other team members (ie., including senior management personnel rather than just the supervisor feedback) with the employee may help in having a great coherent team which can be mutually beneficial to employee and the organization. Develop the LOYALITY factor between Corporate -Employee relation. FMC could take the lead in introducing this culture in our society.

Intern with non-profit food pantry through Ford Motor Co.'s Blue Oval Scholar program. Awesome opportunity to do good!

Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Taylor, MI
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Taylor, MI

I have been working at Ford Motor as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Representing the Blue Oval is an honor! I drive a 2012 Ford Focus because it was built in Michigan, and I am proud that the company that makes such an awesome ride cares so much for its home.

Cons

I have to commute an hour each way. It is a big sacrifice especially with gas prices being as high as they are.

Please share this scholarship opportunity further! It is such an honor to do great work for Michigan communities. Keep trusting Wayne State University students; we will amaze!

There are newer employer reviews for Ford Motor