There are newer employer reviews for Forest Labs

An another sad story about people in power benefitting the most by working the least & leaving scraps for lower echelon.

Current Employee - Scientist IV in Commack, NY
Current Employee - Scientist IV in Commack, NY

I have been working at Forest Labs

Pros

Benefit package is fair, what one would one expect from another fortune 1000 companies. Flexible working hours for employees in non-managment positions. Also, casual dressing for people in non-mamngment position is a plus. And in my opinion Entry level salary for lower level jobs with Bachelors and Master degrees is at par what would one expect.

Cons

Getting promotion, atleast in my department (PR& D) is based on how well your are liked by your project leaders and group leader and has nothing to do with how hard working and deligent an employee you maybe. Manager is completely oblivious to what goes around him and takes little interest in employees professional growth and in fostering a happy and productive enviorment for his herd. From manager to the group leader and than to some project leaders (at the PR&D section) you will find personals who don't have the credentials as well as the aptitude and the attitude to be at the position where they are now. And in my opinion lack of competent employees is the root of all of Forest current problems.

To higher managments I would say that its high time for them to start involving actively in grading the perfomance of all employees at most crucial departments.

126 Other Employee Reviews for Forest Labs (View Most Recent)

Excellent place to start a career but do not expect to receive a good salary.

Current Employee - Clinical Scientist in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Clinical Scientist in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Forest Labs

Pros

Excellent place to start a career. Great place to learn.

Cons

Below average salaries and compensations (including vacation days).

To retain talented young professionals the company needs to pay at least market average salary.

Congenial environment, decent opportunities for advancement and management that is open and honest with all.

Current Employee - Assistant Director in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Assistant Director in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Forest Labs

Pros

Congenial environment, managment is up front and honest about future plans.

Cons

Pay and benefits are very slightly lower than other leading pharmas.... but only slightly. Location in Jersey City seems to be mostly a down side but of course it depends are your specific needs.

Standards are designed and implemented but not always followed.completely.. not always clear to all levels of staff.

There are newer employer reviews for Forest Labs