Forest Labs

www.frx.com

Great stepping stone but way too many reps who will do anything to excel.

Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsPay isn't the highest by any means but if you have a decent territory, you can make 100k and have a company car. Great learning experience and they like to hire reps with little to no experience which will lead to many other opportunities, once you decide to advance your career. Intially, you work with some great people but the company culture will quickly change both yourself and peers for the worse.

ConsThe main problem at Forest is the sheer number of reps and the fact we need 70% sampling, 80% 'A' targets, and lots of lunches. This means that docs are seeing 2-3 Forest reps with basically the same products every week and you will need to leave 1 box of meds in their already overflowing bins just for the sig. This basically forces your teammates to trash you and do whatever it takes to get in all offices for their sigs before you do.

On the plus side, you will quickly see no one works and you will be able to get your sigs and calls in within a few hours and still be far out working your team. Stick it out as long as possible, volunteer for good causes and start a side business to get some meaning to your working life, and collect the pay check.

Don't take things too seriously or try to make a difference because you will hate it here. Learn the company culture quickly and confirm to their robotic ways even quicker. The more you smile, the more you say yes, the happier you will be. Managers will praise you and sometimes skip monthy field rides and you can even get promoted but never trust anyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally, I can't blame the middle to upper middle management. All the direction comes from the top so managers have to push for you to hit your goals and the better friends you become, the more tips and advice managers will give you for hitting goals.

Wonderful Company

Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at Forest Labs full-time

Pros: Relaxed atmosphere, but still very professional and effective. Cons: Bad coffee in the smaller break rooms, Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Company culture is changing

Scientist (Former Employee) Commack, NY

I worked at Forest Labs full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: There are smart, dedicated, hard-working co-workers at Forest. Cons: The company used to be very authoritarian. Some leaders seem to try to change the authoritarian culture, but whether it will become a constructive,… More
There are newer reviews on Forest Labs.

Worked for Forest Labs? Contribute to the Community!