Forest Labs

www.frx.com

“Worst company culture ever..organization destroys and represses sales people's natural talents”

Sales Representative (Former Employee) New York, NY

Pros.....having a car, but that's an industry standard so...

ConsIn my opinion Forest is a place that a person should plan on using as a stepping stone to better places in the Pharmaceutical industry. The company so mishandles their representatives in almost every way imaginable that it is hard to know where to begin a review of the sales side of Forest.

Pharmaceutical sales at Forest could be a place where one can grow both professionally and personally. A job where one can acquire the tools to turn problems into solutions. It could be a place where much can be accomplished with the proper approach and mentality … where the focus IS NOT on what the rep has to say, but what the doctor and patient NEED.

The measure of “success” at Forest is getting 80% signatures for samples from supposed "A" targets. This means that docs are dealing with multiple Forest reps with basically the same products (weekly mind you) leading to extreme oversampling. This culture gives rise to reps falling over one another to get their call quotas in for the day. Anyone with prior experience knows this is a failed model… precisely why they only hire candidates with little to no pharma experience.

The culture here is unbelievably poor -lack of professionalism, tact, & awareness. Back-Stabbing and Back-Biting is rampant… supposed team members trying to outdo each other, badmouthing, withholding information, ect. --- Instead of working together as one unit to be successful and bring value to an office. This is my honest evaluation. I can typically see the good in a bad situation but this time it was not possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a true investment in managed care, improve/change the culture ASAP, and value your reps.

Great stepping stone but way too many reps who will do anything to excel.

Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Forest Labs full-time for more than a year

Pros: Pay isn't the highest by any means but if you have a decent territory, you can make 100k and have a company car. Great learning… Cons: The main problem at Forest is the sheer number of reps and the fact we need 70% sampling, 80% 'A' targets, and lots of lunches.… Advice to Senior Management: Really, I can't blame the middle to upper middle management. All the direction comes from the top so managers have to push for… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Wonderful Company

Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at Forest Labs full-time

Pros: Relaxed atmosphere, but still very professional and effective. Cons: Bad coffee in the smaller break rooms, Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Forest Labs.

Worked for Forest Labs? Contribute to the Community!