There are newer employer reviews for Forest Labs

Forest is OK

Current Employee - Principal Statistical Programmer  in  Jersey City, NJ
Current Employee - Principal Statistical Programmer in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Forest Labs

Pros

Relatively reasonable work load compared to other pharma.
Courteously middle management
Reasonable pay package.
OK insurance plans.

Cons

No work from home option
Work location has no free parking
promotion opportunities and frequencies are less compared to other pharma

Listen, listen, listen
Make decisions based on logic and business practices, rather than emotion and personal preference.

115 Other Employee Reviews for Forest Labs (View Most Recent)

An another sad story about people in power benefitting the most by working the least & leaving scraps for lower echelon.

Current Employee - Scientist IV  in  Commack, NY
    Current Employee - Scientist IV in Commack, NY

I have been working at Forest Labs

Pros

Benefit package is fair, what one would one expect from another fortune 1000 companies. Flexible working hours for employees in non-managment positions. Also, casual dressing for people in non-mamngment position is a plus. And in my opinion Entry level salary for lower level jobs with Bachelors and Master degrees is at par what would one expect.

Cons

Getting promotion, atleast in my department (PR& D) is based on how well your are liked by your project leaders and group leader and has nothing to do with how hard working and deligent an employee you maybe. Manager is completely oblivious to what goes around him and takes little interest in employees professional growth and in fostering a happy and productive enviorment for his herd. From manager to the group leader and than to some project leaders (at the PR&D section) you will find personals who don't have the credentials as well as the aptitude and the attitude to be at the position where they are now. And in my opinion lack of competent employees is the root of all of Forest current problems.

To higher managments I would say that its high time for them to start involving actively in grading the perfomance of all employees at most crucial departments.

Excellent place to start a career but do not expect to receive a good salary.

Current Employee - Clinical Scientist  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Clinical Scientist in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Forest Labs

Pros

Excellent place to start a career. Great place to learn.

Cons

Below average salaries and compensations (including vacation days).

To retain talented young professionals the company needs to pay at least market average salary.

There are newer employer reviews for Forest Labs

Worked for Forest Labs? Contribute to the Community!