There are newer employer reviews for Forest Labs

Management does not value employees

Current Employee - Sales Representative
Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Forest Labs

Pros

The bonus structure is comparable to that of other pharmaceutical companies. Company car choices are nice. Ok, so those aren't really the greatest pros, but I am trying to be positive here.

Cons

Micro-management is the norm here at Forest Laboratories. The problem seems to start at the top and trickle down, and by the time it gets to the rep level, it is a landslide of fear and intimidation. Even if you have great numbers, as I do, you are made to fear for your job on an almost weekly basis. My team is on the cusp of making it to President's Club and my teammate was just let go for subpar performance! Are you kidding me?! The guy was in the top 25% of the company and they fired him for not "enhancing sales effectiveness". The problem with him was that he didn't buy into what our manager was selling. He wasn't vocal about it or anything, but you could tell that he wasn't into the whole kool-aid drinking culture here. They put him on a plan. His field ride scores, (which are very subjective, by the way), consistently went down over the course of his "performance improvement" plan. Then at the end of the period, he was let go. This is what they do here. Don't let the fact that there are no layoffs fool you into thinking that jobs at Forest are secure, because they truly are not. I have decided that I am leaving the company as soon as I can find anything with comparable compensation. I am so tired of this. I am a top performing rep and I am leaving on my own, before they cut me too.

My advice is more to human resources, and it is this: Pay attention to the high amount of turnover that is associated with specific managers and investigate it. This is not a coincidence. When these managers place a representative on a plan, it should be viewed with the utmost level of scrutiny. Great employees are being let go and or leaving on their own due to this mismanagement.

117 Other Employee Reviews for Forest Labs (View Most Recent)

OK Place...depending on the department

Current Employee - Sales Analyst
    Current Employee - Sales Analyst

I have been working at Forest Labs

Pros

Its an OK place...depending on the department. Some departments allow you to grow and move into different areas while others do not.

Cons

Depending on the department, you are not "allowed" to move to other departments.

Allow your employees to move and grow in their career. This would be beneficial to them and your group as well. This would allow you to obtain new talent and fresh ideas while your former associate can grow into a new role within the company.

Good company for those entering pharma

I worked at Forest Labs

Pros

Good people, professional environment, high pay, great benefits

Cons

A bit micro-managed, long cycle for projects to complete, not very creative

N/A

There are newer employer reviews for Forest Labs

Worked for Forest Labs? Contribute to the Community!