There are newer employer reviews for Forest Labs

This is sales; what have you done for me lately?

Current Employee - Territory Representative
Current Employee - Territory Representative

I have been working at Forest Labs

Pros

There is a lot of flexibility, but that is more a function of the position and your manager than the organization. The products are good. The company treats top performers exceptionally well.

Cons

Upward mobility is highly limited for sales representatives. Promotions are routinely handed out to friends of management (the typical corporate boys club). If you want to move outside the sales organization and into a corporate role, the only opportunities are in NYC, Long Island, and St. Louis.

126 Other Employee Reviews for Forest Labs (View Most Recent)

Good place to work

I have been working at Forest Labs

Pros

Very flexible work environment, Good people but occasionally slow from day to day. The work is quite stimulating when it is interesting.

Cons

The work is not project based, a number of time I had to hand over projects to other people in order to move on to something else.

It would be good to make sure the work is more project based and provide your employees the freedom to move on with other things.

Management does not value employees

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Forest Labs

Pros

The bonus structure is comparable to that of other pharmaceutical companies. Company car choices are nice. Ok, so those aren't really the greatest pros, but I am trying to be positive here.

Cons

Micro-management is the norm here at Forest Laboratories. The problem seems to start at the top and trickle down, and by the time it gets to the rep level, it is a landslide of fear and intimidation. Even if you have great numbers, as I do, you are made to fear for your job on an almost weekly basis. My team is on the cusp of making it to President's Club and my teammate was just let go for subpar performance! Are you kidding me?! The guy was in the top 25% of the company and they fired him for not "enhancing sales effectiveness". The problem with him was that he didn't buy into what our manager was selling. He wasn't vocal about it or anything, but you could tell that he wasn't into the whole kool-aid drinking culture here. They put him on a plan. His field ride scores, (which are very subjective, by the way), consistently went down over the course of his "performance improvement" plan. Then at the end of the period, he was let go. This is what they do here. Don't let the fact that there are no layoffs fool you into thinking that jobs at Forest are secure, because they truly are not. I have decided that I am leaving the company as soon as I can find anything with comparable compensation. I am so tired of this. I am a top performing rep and I am leaving on my own, before they cut me too.

My advice is more to human resources, and it is this: Pay attention to the high amount of turnover that is associated with specific managers and investigate it. This is not a coincidence. When these managers place a representative on a plan, it should be viewed with the utmost level of scrutiny. Great employees are being let go and or leaving on their own due to this mismanagement.

There are newer employer reviews for Forest Labs