Forever 21

www.forever21.com
There are newer employer reviews for Forever 21

Get your job title and then move on

Current Employee - Visual Manager
Current Employee - Visual Manager

I have been working at Forever 21

Pros

The company attracts a lot of fresh, enthusiastic talent.
They're quick to get trends. You can count on them having awesome, affordable merchandise.
High turnover means constant opportunities for advancement if you and grin and bear it. Lots of young people have worked their way up from associates and cashiers to store management in as little as 2 years. Once you get that title however, I would suggest moving on to a better company.
At store level, you have a lot of job security. At least within my district, it takes a ridiculous amount of paperwork and performance issues to be fired.
You are always busy. Never a dull moment.

Cons

It is the McDonalds of fashion. Payroll keeps getting cut and the workload keeps growing.
All managers run their stores differently, but overall, the "enviroment of fear" rules. I think this starts with corporate and is just passed down the ladder to RMs, DMs, and store employees. You are under the constant threat of being written up or fired it seems.
No work/life balance. Even if you have saved up enough PTO to take a proper vacation, it's difficult to get time off due to blackout periods, floorsets, and constantly being short staffed.
If you get sick, you will have to use a PTO day. Yes, the same ones you saved for your vacation.
As a full time employee, you must work no less than 75 hours per two-week period in order to recieve beneifts and bonuses. So essentially you cannot take time off without PTO saved... and it takes nearly two months to save up one 8 hour PTO day. Most managers only get 6-8 days per year. So don't get sick.
When I first started I imagined there would be a light at the end of the tunnel, and once I worked my way up I would be paid well and have less workload, but after talking with corporate employees, it's evident that the company is all the same, overworked and underpaid.

You need to place more value on developing and maintaining your growing number of employees. Create a work culture of creativity and positivity. Hire more IT people (the ones you have are great), don't forget about your smaller stores that need help and offer more schedule flexibility for full time employees. Sick pay, some PAID maternity leave, more PTO, and a better discount would all go a long way. Also, do not have Korean bibles on the tables of your corporate headquarters.

1590 Other Employee Reviews for Forever 21 (View Most Recent)

Very nice affordable clothing

I worked at Forever 21

Pros

Employees are nice
    Fun environment
    great music

Cons

Discount isnt that great
    If people dont show up for there shifts then the people who did have to suffer and put alot more effort in maintaining the store.

Short lived and unfair

I have been working at Forever 21

Pros

-busy work place, always keeps you moving
    -lots of different people to work with
    -opportunites to help throughout the store

Cons

-management is very disorganized
    -lack of training
    -no communication from HO
    -amount of paperwork required to do anything is ridicuous

There are newer employer reviews for Forever 21